PR2100/PR4100 Milestone Arcus licenses....where are they stored?

I have a PR2100 set up in RAID 0 right now (I know, I know) and have enabled the Milestone Arcus app and purchased 5 cameras so far.

If I lose a drive in the array are my licenses gone or are they stored on a WD server somewhere so that when I get the array back up I still have the 5+ licenses that I want to accumulate before the June 30th cutoff for free licenses?

ETA: If I do in fact need to use RAID 1/5/6/10 to keep from losing licenses then I will buy a PR4100 and sell the PR2100.

Hi there, you will not lose the license by losing a drive. However, with the My Cloud PR2100 in RAID 0, the data will be gone if one of the drives in the array gets faulty.

Do you happen to have a source that states this is the case? I have been looking and looking and can’t find anything.

If that is the case then I am fine with that as I only use it for video and local backups (from my main NAS to the WD). I have offsite backups as well so losing the locals for a couple of days isn’t a big deal in my scenario.

I may at some point just get a couple of Purple drives and put them in the PR2100 and move the Red’s (plus buy a couple more) over to my other NAS expansion enclosure and use it for my backups with RAID 10.

It’s how RAID 0 behaves. It has no fault tolerance and the entire volume is compromised in case of a single failure since all data is split across all drives.

I get how RAID 0 works and understand the risk with my data. I was wondering about a source that states that any licenses that you had before a RAID array crash will remain.