Power light playing games with me: from solid red to blue to red etc

Hello fellow My Cloud users,

Hopefully you guys can help me out.
I can’t connect to my WD My CLoud Ex2 Ultra. The power light is a solid red for 2 minutes, then becomes an solid blue for like 10 seconds and then turns red again to do the same again after 2 minutes.
I unplugged it, put the ethernet cable out and in again, took the drives out and back in, pushed the restart button… I don’t know what to do more.
Who know what I can do to save my My Cloud?!

Kind regards,
Annamiek

Did you check the web dashboard for the error message?

I haven’t been using the MyCloud for a year. I moved and installing the Cloud been on my to do list till now. I can’t finish installing it because of the red light.

Can it be that the firmware is not up to date so the MyCloud is not supported anymore, because of the whole OS 5 situation?

The firmware being outdated doesn’t mean that it should stop working.

You can try a system-only reset.

The system only reset didn’t resolve the problem unfortunately…
Today I received the hub I ordered so I could connect the NAS to my MacBook Air. I updated the NAS it’s firmware en set it to OS5.
When I connect it to my router, the power light goes back to alternating from a solid red to a solid blue… I did another system only resit, but no cigar.
To be able to open the dashboard, I have to use the hub so I can directly connect the Ethernet cable to my computer. I see error code 2041 and 1002.
How can I fix that?

A quick google search reveals taht 2041 is related to slow network (?). Is your hub 100Mbit or 1Gbit?

It should be 1.000 Mbit/s.