Poor writter speeds after format

Hi
I own an WD Elements SE 4TB, i wanted to use it on my PS4 Pro as extended storage but i noticed poor performance when writting data to the disk. Before that I used that drive on my laptop and it seemed ok. But now even on PC i’'ve noticed it became slower. with CrystalDisk Mark i can se peaks of 40 MB/s while other HDDs i’ve peak at 120 MB/s when writting. reads speed seems okay. what happened and what i could try to do? this drive is one year old it never fell or anything!

If you want to use it as Extended Storage on your PS4 Pro … then plug it, let the PS4 Pro format (wiping all previous data on it and formatting it to Sony’s file system)

It (the PS4) during the formatting process will let you know (via an On-Screen Message) if the Hard drive is too Slow for use as Extended Storage.

If it’s fine … then the PS4 Pro will continue to format it.

Side Note: Once formatted on the PS4 Pro for Extended Storage, you wont be able to use the Hard Drive for anything else. ie. You wont be able to use it on your PC.

If you do want to use it on your PC, you’ll have to format the drive (wiping ALL your game and app installations and the Sony file system) back to a format/file system that is supported by your PC.