Poor audio output via audio RCA outs

I upgraded to the latest firmware release probably 2 weeks ago, hadn’t had any issues until last night.

Symptom: Streaming audio via Live 365 through my Denon receiver was much lower in volume & sounded a bit muffled. Also tried playing some audio files I had loaded & played previously without issue, to now find the same poor audio sound/volume via the audio RCA-out ports.

Listening to either sources through my Sony TV via HDMI cable does not yield the same results (sounds fine). I left the receiver & WD hub powered down overnight, tried some streaming audio again & got some really loud popping noises coming out of the RCA audio on the WD hub- so loud I thought it would blow my speakers. I then changed the input ports on my receiver to VCR, & the noise went away, volume back to normal levels, & not muffled. Very strange. I was thinking it could be the cable I’m using, but I flexed it from end to end while audio was running & couldn’t reproduce the noises.

I’m suspicious that the RCA components are failing in the WD hub, but cannot be sure. Has anyone else had similar audio issues when using the audio RCA outs to their receivers? Firmware issue?

Hello,

Did you replace the A/V cables? Also, did you test your receiver with another device?

Thanks for the reply-

I have not yet replaced the audio cable, but did test the receiver w/ other devices & could not reproduce the problem. The odd thing is that I tried a different RCA input on my receiver & the issue went away- volume back to normal, no loud crackling or hiss.

yensoly wrote:

Thanks for the reply-

I have not yet replaced the audio cable, but did test the receiver w/ other devices & could not reproduce the problem. The odd thing is that I tried a different RCA input on my receiver & the issue went away- volume back to normal, no loud crackling or hiss.

Is it possible that the RCA inputs on your receiver have differnet input specifications.