Plugged My Book 750 into new PC and can't access data?

I had an old PC and I just got a new laptop. I just plugged in my drive and it recognizes the drive, but I don’t have my folders and can’t access the data? 

Having the saame issue with upgrading to a Windows 7 32bit  os, from a Windows Vista 64bit. The drive is recognized, we see the size of the files saved, so they are ther, but can’t seem to retrieve the files.

Help please?

What happens when you try to retrieve the data?

Have you tried another computer?

If we go into Start; Computer, we can see the drive and even open it to see the backup folders, but when we use the WD Smartware, it doesn’t show anything to restore.

I’ve tried moving it to another pc and get the same result. I can see the drive, but no folders or files. 

Vortex138 wrote:

If we go into Start; Computer, we can see the drive and even open it to see the backup folders, but when we use the WD Smartware, it doesn’t show anything to restore.

This will happen if the software was updated or if the backup belongs to a different computer

go to the backup folder and restore the files manually

ML222 wrote:

I’ve tried moving it to another pc and get the same result. I can see the drive, but no folders or files. 

Partition could be corrupted

use chkdsk or other utility to check the drive

use a recovery software like recuva or test disk to restore the files

Ok, thanks Wizer.  We copied the files over manually, but of course the back software turns them into file that other applicqations can’t read. (Like e-mail messages with Thunderbird since my wife backed up her Inbox).  Is there a software or a way to extract these back ups to make them readable to other programs?

Thanks again!

Nvm.  Think I found it. :stuck_out_tongue: