HI - is there “clean up” tool for the PR2100 App uninstall process? My network config changed (e.g., external IP address from ISP), and now all my clients think that PLEX on PR2100 is unreachable. Even after I uninstalled and reinstalled PLEX on the PR2100.
I know the uninstall was not thorough since after the uninstall/reinstall, it came back up with all my libraries intact, playlists, everything. And the bad IP address.
So in detail:
- At one point the PLEX server had two IP addresses associated with it: the Local/LAN one in the 192.168.* range, and an external one used to connect to the outside world (e.g., PLEX servers). That external address changed and the one associated with the PLEX server is no longer valid. I can’t seem to break that relationship.
- It has not helped for me to turn off remote access. Turn it back on again. Whatever. The Clients all seem to see the old external IP address and therefore cannot connect to PLEX on PR2100 since that external IP address is no longer valid
- PLEX server is fine, from the point of view of the web client from the PC.
- Actuall DLNA service from WD PR2100 and PLEX runs fine when I enable it. I have now disabled it.
- PLEX client on Vizio TV and PS4 can both see the server, but think it is unreachable.
- Renamed the PLEX Media Server “friendly name”, and Clients tracks that name change, but still unreachable
- Force changed the IP Address of the server - no benefit (the clients followed it but can’t connect)
- I logged in using SSHD, and poked around, but nothing obvious.
Is there a config file I need to flush out? A permission problem?