Picture Thumbnails missing

why is it that when I access MyCloud on my PC some of my picture folders show thumbnails of the pictures/videos in that folder but other picture folders only show a camera icon? Also, if I move a subfolder of pictures from one folder to another, I lose the thumbnail picture. What’s up with that?

It’s very frustrating! I’m trying to organize my picture collection but if I have to open every picture to know what that picture is, it’s going to take FOREVER! I have over 4,000 pictures I’m trying to organize.

This WD My Cloud is frustrating the h*ll out of me! The box said ‘easily’ reorganize you data/picture files. DropBox is sooooo much easier but I didn’t want to pay monthly for using it, thought this My Cloud would be a lot easier than it is!

Also, if I move a subfolder of pictures from one folder to another, I lose the thumbnail picture.

I have the thumbnailing turned off…

But I suspect it’s down to the fact that the MyCloud uses a thumbnailing process (it’s the thing that causes the MyCloud to grind to a halt when you dump a whole bunch of new photos on to it). And I think it constructs a database of some sort. So, if you move folders of photos about, the database will be out of date, and it won’t know where to go and look for the thumbnails.

You might find that doing a ‘rebuild content database’ from the Dashboard ‘Cloud Access Connection Panel’ (see p77 of the User Manual) might recover the situation.

Hi.
I have same problem with thumbnails

How about your problem? You fixed it?
I am thinking COME BACK TO DROPBOX :see_no_evil::joy:
Much better all 100%

Let me know if you fix thumbnails views

Best wishes