Pi Drive enclosure no. WDL B007RNN problems

It seems WD is carrying forward their poorproduct ine in drive enclosures. After trying the curved plastic enclosures and giving them the toss, I saw a new enclosire that houses a pi drive and has a place to sit the foundation fficial Rpi enclosure on. With much enthusiasm, I picked up the unit and looked at the enclosed docs - NONE - pointed me to the WD Labs Documentation page. Now which assembly instructions to select? No model numbers, nothing but WD Pi Drive enclosure and ther were more than one. After D/L’ing a couple, I found the correct set of assembly instructions to use. But they were NOT instructions but some drawings with motin arrows. So I began to install the rubber feet, but there appeared to be positioned differently depending on which side of the drive you were installing them. I tried one way, but the rubber mfeet kept falling off even though the screw holding them was sated properly. After seaching on the floor to find 2 of them, I decided to turn the feet around and this worked. WD, if you aren’t going to give any narrative, then at least make sure your pictures are clear and easy to figure out. Next came the clear plastic fitting that is supposed to go into the two holes on either side of the drive activity LED. Never did get that to go in. Some narrative would be helpful. Does ot snap into the holes or just lay there? If it lays there, then I believe it would be next to impossible to now fit the black hood over the clear piece. To me, this is extremely poor design choice. The clear palstic piece is very small, and there are no “flat grip points” for a tweezer to use to move the piece to the holes. There is a better design that should integraste the two pieces and provide some “grip points” to allow someoe with big fingers to install the piece with a tweezer.

I can’t help but be disappointed once again - in the product and in the documentation. WD can you explain the thinking behing these choices?

Hi @Buckeyejim - I can’t speak to our design process (I’m not a part of that department) but I did want to thank you for the feedback. I’ll ask around the office on Monday (I’ve already left for the weekend) to see if we have something more explicit to provide.