Photos shifted 3 hours

All my new photos upload with my camera Nikon shows with a date 3 hours previous although EXIF data is correct. This issue started happening a few days ago. It algo happens with my iPhone. It’s an issue with the NAS.

The EXIF data in the jpg files are correct. It also affects pics taken with iPhone as well. In both cases the field Taken Date in EXIF is shown correctly in the PC, under Google Photos or Synology Photos…since the last firmware update WDMyCloud (gen2) seems the show in the remote interface (web and mobile app) the Taken Date 3 hours prior. Even with old pictures.

I also made an additional discovery: When you upload a picture thru remote web or mobile app, the EXIF Taken Date is accurate…but if you upload the same picture thru Windows SMB or other means, WDMYCLOUD shows EXIF date shifted 3 hours.

Firmware 5.24.108

1 Like

Ah yes. . .computers and file creation times. . . .

so - - what time zone are you in? How is the NAS set in regards to time zone relative to the phone and camera?

I have heck of time with some programs when I take pictures in other time zones.

I’m in Argentina (GMT-3). The NAS is correctly set as well as Windows. The file creation time is nothing to do with EXIF data embedded in JPGs. This is clearly a problem related to the latest firmware.

Which date is shifted 3 hours on your Nikon camera images? The created date, the modified date, the access date or some other date field? What program or app are you using to view the date information?

As a troubleshooting test, what happens if you adjust the My Cloud’s time zone by three hours then add some more photos using Windows SMB? Does the EXIF data of the new files copied over show the correct time?

If its off by 3 hours and your time zone offset is GMT-3 that indicates something is likely incorrectly reading or setting the date value to the GMT offset.

“Which date is shifted 3 hours on your Nikon camera images?”
All pictures uploaded via FTP/SMB locally within LAN are affected regardless Nikon or other device. BUT if you upload the same file remotly via webpage or mobile app, the Taken Time field is NOT altered and shows correctly.

“The created date, the modified date, the access date or some other date field?”

It supposes WDMyCloud will read the EXIF data if it exists.

“What program or app are you using to view the date information?”. OS5 webpage or mobile app.

The EXIF data of the pictures are correct and not altered if I re-download the files from the NAS.

The behaviour started after the last firmware update.

WD OS5 also has a GPS problem that identifies certain neighbourhoods of London as Alaska.

This situation has been reported to WD and the asked me logs and screen captures.

Greetings,

We have reached out to you via direct message, so we request you kindly check and reply to your DMs so that we can assist you further.

After updating to Firmware Release 5.25.124 (11/29/2022) nothing has changed. Files uploaded with correct EXIF date gets shifted 3 hrs (GMT-3) when upload via local LAN (SMB). The behaviour do not occur when uploaded via app or website.

So far, haven’t been resolved. Even with firmware 5.26.119