Pandora not working recently?

I have been using my WD TV Live Hub to listen to Pandora for years.

Within the last couple of weeks it has stopped working. I can sign in and when I select a station, it always says “Unable to play the selected file”.

I have done a total device reset, problem persists. I contacted Pandora and they said it is likely something to do with the device.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hello GatorMike1,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

I have the exact same problem, last 2 days. Have made no changes to my setup that I have used for years. All stations give me the same response: “Unable to play the selected file.”

Maybe Pandora pulled the plug on the WDTV feed or vice versa.
If all else fails,lots of people are using the Amazon Alexa devices and Google Home to stream Pandora today.

Pandora support got back to me and let me know that they are aware of this issue and they are working on it. So - I guess we keep trying and hopefully they get it resolved soon.

I have been experiencing this same issue for the last month and also have contacted Pandora. After a few reset passwords and clear account on the WD that they did on their side I am still having problems and they bumped it up the chain for a fix but nothing so far from them.

I tried everything other posters have done short of resetting the WD Box since I was not sure if I would lose all my favorites and other setup if I do a reset.

This is also happening for my account which is free and the better halfs account which is a paid account.

For the free account it just keeps repeating commercials.
For the paid account we get the screen mentioned above which I sent a pic of to Pandora.
When this issue first started I was getting very random behavior. Sometimes logging out and in would get it working or it would just start working on it’s own and I thought it was server issues on Pandora’s side but now it just doesn’t work with above mentioned issues.

This was also happening on my fire stick gen 1 but that is now working.

Pandora also works on our Android phones and a old Apple phone.

Unrelated the AccuWeather videos do not update on the WD either.

I have a WD Live Hub Media center and also tried the non flash boot from USB software change but learned this firmware does not apply to my model WD.

I will add that someone in an earlier post to this forum fixed the issue in the past with Pandora throwing the error by creating a brandnew account. I will try this fix next.

Hi Don,

Thanks for the confirmation. I tried a complete reset of my WD and that did not even help.

I created a brand new Pandora account and activated it with my WD code and still the same thing happened. Hopefully they will get this resolved soon!

Bummer. I was just about to try creating a new account.

I was unhappy when videos quit working on the weather also.

It seems hardware is out living software these days.

I think Pandora messed up our permissions on their servers for our WD’s.

I was going to sites that show Pandora uptime and at the time there were a lot of server issues on the East Coast so I thought that was the problem but we are still waiting:(

I actually am using Spotify off the firestick now. I see our HDs also have Spotify and thought I could use that until I tried logging in and learned I need to be a $9.99 / month member to use it through our WDs.

I really like our WDs but I am looking for a replacement as I see the handwriting on the wall. Will have to retire it like my Dell Studio Hybrid.

I am eying the Fire TV that comes out the end of the month as a replacement for the WD.

The key is I need to be able to play Pandora with the tv off when I am listening to Pandora over my Surround Sound system the way I was doing with the WD stereo RCA output plugs.

I am not sure the fire TV will stay active if it senses the tv off thru the HDMI CABLE is my concern.

Meanwhile I will keep my fingers crossed on the WD which I have always liked. Especially with the Holidays approaching.

Don

I attempted setting up a ticket with WD and in the middle of filling in the blanks it wanted the serial number which I did not have at the time. I closed the ticket and wonder if they would have done anything anyway since they are no longer maintaining the WD HUB.

I moved ahead with my Amazon Fire TV alternative mentioned previously. I got the $69.00 Fire TV that just came out with 60 fps and also purchased a iArc 3*1 HDMI switch with audio Extractor - $19.69. I was going to buy a LinkS HDMI to HDMI with audio Extractor $19.69 but needed a updated HDMI switch. With this combo I now can bring up Fire TV on my Samsung TV load Pandora , select a station, turn on my Surround sound select the stereo RCA audio out from the iArc. Then either turn off the TV or select some earthcam video to display on the tv.

The only thing I can’t do yet is have the Fire TV go to a selection of photos of my choice as a screen saver if I elect to leave the tv on.