OS5 - pr4100 - active director - problem

hi
my name is massimiliano, i’m a system admin in rome.

We have samo problems with our PR4100 with OS5

I am trying to configure our WDPR4100 in ActiveDirector but the system always gives me this error

“Connection failed. Check the configuration”

I am using the administrative account of the AD,
Where am I doing wrong?

special thks

@massimiliano

Check in the right sub-forum!

Latest My Cloud OS 5 Personal & Network Attached Storage/My Cloud Pro Series topics - WD Community

My Cloud OS 5 Online User Manual (wdc.com)

Are you getting the error while trying to enable Active Directory in the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings > Network > Windows Services section?

https://products.wdc.com/nas0s5/nasum/en/#t=MyCloud%2FConfiguringBasicSettings%2FNetwork.htm

Active Directory

Enabling this function allows your My Cloud device to join an existing Windows domain. Active Directory is disabled by default.

1. To enable/disable Active Directory, click the toggle button. The Active Directory Settings screen appears.

2. Enter the following information:
    User Name - Enter the Active Directory server account name.
    Password - Enter the Active Directory server password.
    Domain Name - Enter the name of the Active Directory server domain name.
    DNS Server - Enter the Domain Name System (DNS) Server IP address.

3. Review the information on the screen, then click Apply.

Note: There is a specific subforum for discussing WD My Cloud PR4100 issues or problems:

My Cloud Pro Series
https://community.wd.com/c/os5/my-cloud-pro-series/256

hi bennor,

thank you so much for the support

I’m entering all the required parameters but the WB always gives me an error related to the configuration
errore

Couple of suggestions.
Double check the time settings on both the My Cloud and Active Directory machine. I assume they’re supposed to be set the same or similar.
Check that the DNS server used by the My Cloud is the same as the Domain Controller DNS for your local network. It should be your domain DNS server not an external DNS server.
This will sound redundant but double check the Active Directory information you are entering into the My Cloud. It may be case sensitive or may be sensitive to special characters used in that information.