OS5 Plex issue

@pichol, have you tried reporting this on the Plex Support page?

Did so…
I have been able to get someworking… not as good as before… but we’ll see how it evolves…

Don’t think I’ll ever use Plex. Seems like a disaster. While it appears to be a nice looking interface, I just don’t want another 3rd party application I have to register with. I get it that it lets you stream movies from the Plex store and integrate your stored movies. Most of my movies are torrented files and I have 1000’s. I was able to install the Twonky DLNA app and now I can stream my movies just fine on my PS4, not as fancy an interface as Plex, but works for me and I’m not sharing my data with them. I’m concerned such companies have built in CODECs to know wether it is a torrent. All for privacy, so no thanks. :smiling_imp:

I sure hope you are running behind a real good VPN.

Express VPN and double masked. Plus I subscribe to Bitport an offsite torrent download service, like a a DropBox, OneDrive for torrents. You could use it for any data, but they allow torrents. All my ISP sees is a stream of encrypted data from Bitport. Cheers.

1 Like

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6428/kw/uninstall%20and%20remove%20plex

Thanks for this post. Was moving Plex from one mycloud to another and the opening from config problem you mention and the solution of opening config, turning off PMS, copying the two files and then open config did the trick. Was tough to find a solution.