OS5 MyCloud Ex2 Ultra - Not seeing two USB WD Drives after upgrade

I have just upgraded my EX2 Ultra to OS5 and per the headline it is not seeing my two WD USB attached drives. One is an WD Elements portable and the second is a powered elements. Never had a problem before.

The only place they do appear is under ‘Users’ but greyed out, so you cannot change anything.
EXT_HDD_1021-1
Elements _25A1-1

I am starting to wish I hadn’t bothered to upgrade, hassle I don’t need. And of course it isn’t reversible!

You’re help would be appreciated

@pgnlstuff I sent you a private message request for system logs.

Thanks

I have the Same problem i can’t use my USB attached drives.
Need help.

I found that it takes ages to index the drives and the files wont appear until they’ve been indexed, I found that the files did appear eventually.

One other thing is that the new software doesn’t show the total storage (including USB) on the summary screen - only the RAID storage, i understand this is by design.

You of course may have a different issue…

Hope this helps.

oh dear lord. . .don’t index USB drives!!

I guess it works ok if you leave the drive permanently attached. . .and therefore you can tolerate the indexing step.

For me - - → I only want to use USB drives intermittently. For things like backup jobs.
Attaching a 4TB drive to a OS/3 device was a nightmare. . because indexing was automatic. You had to switch off cloud access to the entire NAS so you could attach the USB drive and have it respond.

At least in OS/5; the default is “web access off”; such that you could use the drive.

(this is one of the few benefits of OS/5 ((which would have been easy to implement in OS/3))

That sounds like a Halloween prank to me …
I also backed up data on my USB hard drive, why do you break a functioning system so badly.
What is left is that I unfortunately have to switch to the competitor.

My two drives are permanently attached and to be honest i am finding it works OK now, but i am not a power user. There aren’t enough hours in the day to eek out every feature.

For the moment it does all i need, fortunately…

Cheers

Used to run an old 1gen White 4tb wd mycloud using os 3… no problems seeing usb attached HDD via Android mobile app… Now just upgraded to WD MyCloud ex2 ultra running OS 5 … I can see external attached HDD in dashboard but not on mobile app… Please inform me why that is… thank u in advance