OS5: How to remove restriction of 5 GB maximum filesize for remote upload?

In OS5 there is now a restriction of 5 GB maximum file size for remote uploads via browser.

How can that restriction be removed? This restricts me in my work!

1 Like

Can someone of WD staff answer please? @SBrown

I can’t continue my work anymore with the new OS5!

:frowning:

@Strontium90 The limitation of 5 GB upload using Web App in My Cloud OS 5 cannot be removed.
Alternate solutions can be FTP Server, WinSCP via SSH. GoodSync Free for WD can also be used, just make sure to install the GoodSync Free for WD Version and not the GoodSync Desktop Version which is not free when used with a My Cloud.

What about for Mac??? I can't work with this limitation on a device that cost me over 2000 euros!

Thank you - I am having issue connecting to FileZilla - error 530?
I am not sure what I might be doing wrong, all I want is to transfer larger files, which was perfect until this OS5 awful “uprade”.

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Thank you - you’re a star!
I am actually trying to figure that out now so fingers crossed.
Or I just return the â– â– â– â–  thing.

Happy holidays!

2 Likes

Curious: I looked at Fliezilla and FTP options in the past.

In the end. . . I decided that I wanted an encrypted option. . . and came up with OpenVPN as a solution - – and once I establish a connection with OpenVPN. . .then standard WinFileExplorer works well enough.

With VPN options, why would you use FTP options?

ah yes. . .the old confusion between “cannot” and “will not”.

Since this is a new restriction. . I imagine that WD must be planning to increase the user base with OS/5 products. . . without increasing the WD backend infrastructure.

1 Like

Really?

Isn’t the encryption done/undone by the hardware? I have to believe that the limitation on speed relates more to the internet bandwidth.

I don’t think the common user encryption systems are sophisticated enough to add false data in the data stream??

I don’t understand why OS5 has an upload limitation now. For what should it be good for @SBrown? OS3 does not have it so upgrading to OS5 was a mistake!

Is there another way to avoid this restriction?

It is NOT free!
See: https://www.goodsync.com/for-wd-users

They want my Windows password but i won’t give them so it does not work. :frowning:
I just to want to sync my data with the WD device and i don’t need all the other services provided by Goodsync!

FTP is not an option because it is unencrypted. :frowning:

SSH is only for NAS admin and not for regular users. If the device is restarted the configuration will be erased :frowning:

Number of allowed synchronization and backup jobs 1

Just one?

Ive tried several sync programs over the years, why are they always such a nightmare? Im not a heavy user, I just have 3 folders I need to keep synced and have an RTS job running for each of them, so unless GoodSync can stack multiple folders all with different whitelists into that one free job then I fail to see how GoodSync for WD is anything more than a paid advertising demo.

The Download Trial is the same page as Free. Installs as a Trial but turns into Free when used with a My Cloud.

Yes GoodSync supports multiple folders in a single job.
Click File/Folder Ops in the upper right hand corner of the screen to access

1 Like

Before the Goodsync client for Windows can be used with the WD NAS the Goodsync server has to be installed on the NAS first if i understood it right: https://www.goodsync.com/for-nas-western-digital-mycloud

And this is NOT free (correct me please if am am wrong @SBrown )

When installing the Goodsync server on the WD NAS the device has to be registered at Goodsync first and the same credentials are required for the Goodsync Windows client as described here: https://help.goodsync.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038971731-How-to-create-a-job-in-GoodSync-for-WD-Windows-.

I am not admin of the NAS, i am only a user which is contributing files to the WD NAS of my friend and the WD NAS admin has restricted me to my folder on the NAS, so i can’t use those credentials.

Or am i wrong?