OS5 App Store content has reduced - where did USB backups go?

Just received notification that upgrade to USB Backup was available. Went in, deleted the old app ready to install then went to the App Store and the majority of the Apps have disappeared and USB Backup is not there.

I now have no USB backup facility…

Interesting - is this just me?

there is generally a way to get the new APP after you install the new firmware ?
which may need the new firmware to function.

The old app should still be somewhere for a manual install.

Thanks - but I did check f/w status and my EX2 Ultra reports my firmware at 5.26.300 is up to date (as at UTC 0616 Monday 23 Oct) Have I just acted too quickly on the email notification and the roll-out is not yet ready?

Wow - steady on. If you read the post you will see that the EX2 Dashboard is telling me (and confirming by the dialogue) the firmware at 5.26.300 is up-to date when it obviously isn’t. I would hope that that message was received as a hint that the firmware lookup function is not recognising an available update. Don’t shoot the messenger - its not good for open dialogue in forums…

I not recomended update to 5.27.157. right now… better waiting some time, because some peoples have bugs on it

holding on 5.26.300 but still not part of the rollout

possibility of a halt in the new firmware rollout ?

BUT I do see the new APP update messages .

New version APPs working only on new firmware, older version search here My Cloud OS5 Apps Download Links - My Cloud OS 5 Personal & Network Attached Storage / Community Developed Apps - WD Community

I had submitted a support request to WD when I had an issue with an app not being available after I deleted the app. The reply I received advised that the update to 5.27.157 was being done in stages, so your system may be in a later stage (suppose to be completed 10/25). That being said, I’m in no hurry to update my system & have shut off automatic updates - reason being is I have another system that did update in the first stage and I am currently experiencing major issues (e.g., low temperature alert, SMART failure of both disks etc, but the data on the disks is still readable.) I’m not going to update the other system until I am sure that the already updated system is working without faults.

1 Like

Martok - Thanks for your comprehensive answer. You obviously have a much higher level of competence in this field which is commendable. However - just because a User was advised by the product (the less expensive EX2 Ultra) that a f/w update was not available does not make me an ‘entitled’ user, rather it makes me a user reliant on the product manufacturer’s advice (and I agree WD are very poor at this). Normal practice for an less experienced user would be to leave the f/w where it is rather than force an update when the implication is that the product has not yet been made ready. I reached out to the forum for help and I thank you for your advice, however just because you are extremely competent does not entitle you to denigrate less experienced WD product users. Most forum users are happy to help others increase their knowledge base without being condescending.

1 Like

Had the same problem, but updating the firmware to 5.27.157 fixed it.

none of my 4 WD NAS units have been offered the new update at this time
but I generally wait before updating and even then only test on ONE after a full backup is done.

PR4100 & two EX2 ultra and older PL4100

in the past the APP’s are auto replaced IF you can click on then after a new firmware update