OS 3 support loss. Has OS 5 been fixed?

OS 5 for me when it came out was a complete failure, after updating my user was unable to login to the cloud at all, ended up having to go back to OS 3. Now that we are going to lose support for OS 3 I have to say i’m worried that when I have to go back to OS 5 in the new year i’m just going to have the same problem with my user not being able to login the cloud.

Hi @BruceLeeFan,

Please refer to the below link to know My Cloud OS 5: How to Set Up Using the Dashboard:

Dont switch you will start suffering like the rest of the community. I will switch from WD for sure just waiting foe the response on the ticket. What i am hearing from the other there responses are not at all helpful.

My experience (a bit dated at this point). . .is that the user login process basically works.

The two problems I saw;

1. Windows will only allow ONE user to be associated with a single device (i.e. two different users on the same PC won’t work). This is an issue with the Windows Credential Manager. (when I tested the unit with four users. . .I was using four different PC’s)

2. Each user needs a unique email address. Bad things happen if two users have the same email.

This is not to say OS5 is a picnic. . . .it’s just that this is not one of the problem areas I encountered.

You have to switch, they are ending support of OS3.

Compatible devices must Upgrade to My Cloud OS 5 by January 15, 2022 . Incompatible devices will lose support on April 15, 2022

One does not have to switch to OS5. One can continue to run OS3 firmware just as they do now if all one needs is local network access. WD recomends blocking internet access to the OS3 My Cloud if one remains on OS3. If one needs remote access under OS3 one can setup their own methods of remote access (FTP, VPN, etc.) when WD terminates the OS3 remote access service(s) next April. One can make their own choice based on their needs and desires if they feel updating to OS5 is not in their best interests.

Support for your My Cloud and WD Cloud device is changing
https://www.westerndigital.com/mycloudupdates

Q: Will my device stop working if I can’t upgrade to My Cloud OS 5? Will I lose access to my data?
A: Once the services have been shut down, you will still be able to access the device on a local network. However, access through the My Cloud OS 3 mobile app or web app will not be possible. Email notifications also won’t be delivered. Devices that have auto-update enabled will receive a final firmware update to disable remote access and outbound traffic to cloud services. Then, support will end and you’ll have to use the local network to access the device.