Only administrator users are allowed

I am trying to log into mycloud through the IP address, and I get to a page which asks me to log in as the administrator. When I try to log in I get the error message: Only administrator users are allowed.

I did a 40 second reboot of my device and attempted again, but I get the same error message

The Mycloud device uses OS3 and cannot be upgraded.

My Cloud OS 3 Pin Reset and System Only Restore a Single Bay My Cloud Device

My Cloud Reset Button Location

Option A: 4 Second Reset (Reset with Power On)

The 4 Second Reset will reset the following:

• Admin Password (No password by default)
  • Network Mode (Default = DHCP)

The 4 Second Reset will only reset the Admin Password. It will not reset the Admin User Name. In order to reset the Admin User Name perform Option B - the 40 Second Reset outlined below.

To execute the 4 Second Reset:

• With the power on, using a paperclip or narrow tipped pen, press and hold the reset button for at least 4 seconds. The reset process will cause the device to reboot and may take up to 5 minutes to complete. Please wait until the Power LED is solid blue, indicating the device is ready to use.

Option B: 40 Second Reset (Reset with Power Off)

The 40 Second Reset, also known as System Only Restore, will reset the following:

• Admin User Name (default = “admin”)
  • Admin Password (No password by default)
  • Device Name (default = “WDMyCloud”)
  • SSH (Secure Shell) on Firmware 04.xx.xx-xxx, User Name and Password (default = “root” and “welc0me”)
  • SSH (Secure Shell) on Firmware 2.xx.xxx, User Name and Password (default = “root” no default password, new password enforced)
  • Remove all Users except Admin
  • All Share permissions (default = Public)
  • Automatic Firmware Update (default = off)
  • Network Mode (default = DHCP)
  • Remove all Alerts
  • mycloud.com account association (default = not configured)
  • Mobile app account association (default = not configured)
  • WD Sync association (default = not configured)
  • Backup jobs (default = not configured)
  • Safepoint jobs (default = not configured)

To execute the 40 Second Reset:

1. Power down the device and remove the power cord from the device
  2. Using a paperclip or narrow tipped pen, press and hold the reset button
  3. While continuing to hold the reset button, reconnect the power cord to the device and continue to hold the reset button for at least 40 seconds
  4. After releasing the reset button the device will reboot

This process may take upwards of 15 minutes. Please wait until the Power LED is solid blue, indicating the device is ready to use.

@Scott58
Have you set this device up for use on your home network? Have you tried the following to look at your device or its shares?

To open the Dashboard be sure to enter the address this way if using Windows File Explorer, Example address, http://192.168.1.83.

I solved my issue . I had performed the 40 second reset incorrectly. I plugged the power cord into the device BEFORE pressing reset.