Offline but listed in DHCP Table

A contractor unplugged the device and when I plugged it back in it shows as offline (on the web and it no longer appears in Windows Explorer). It appears on my router table with an assigned IP address. No other changes were made to the router. I do have it on a switch now, though I tried plugging it in directly to the router and it was still offline and the switch is working for other devices on the network. I tried to access it directly via both IP address and the device name but it refused to connect. Hoping for some suggestions as to next steps.

1 Like

Hi @mrogovin,

My Cloud Home Not Detected, Not Found, Cannot Connect or Device Offline:WD My Cloud Home Not Detected, Not Found, Cannot Connect or Device Offline

Please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

1 Like

I boight one of these a week ago. I have never been able to connect to it. Not detected by WD web or mobile app. Slow breathing light all the time. WD support suggested factory reset! altough this a new MCH out of a sealed box and wrappings.

Factory reset did not make any difference. The light changed to fast breathing light. Support staff leave it for a fews hours and establish a connection. Left for 24 hours and nothing happened. I turned it off waited for a minute then powered up. Slow breathing light returned and not detected. I have repeated this process 3 times now.

I could see the drive my router DHCP table and uPnP. I cannot see on my network on Windows 10 file explorer. However i could see on my files on my android mobile i coul access the public folder and copy and paste files and ooen them while connected to the local network.

Wd support is very slow and robotic and are still to resolve the issue.

Conflicting information from the OP. Clearly the network has changed with the addition of a network switch and possibly different network cables Home users tend not to report back on their progress. Hopefully it is resolved by now. If not, please download the debug_logs.tar as instructed in the link below and file a case support.

Conflicting information from a second user with apparently a different problem completely unrelated to this thread but showing clearly the Android app is functioning and able to access the MCH. If situation does not change, please download the debug_logs.tar and file a case with WD support with additional information.

I have already sent the debug file with other host of information to support and await their reply.

AzimOsman

Sorry, I have been away and did not get to follow up. Will hopefully do so this weekend

Download the debug file and was about to submit the case when I tried again to connect and low and behold, I am online.
Didn’t do anything but there it is.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting back on your success. Sometimes DHCP leases just needs time to renew in order for a problem client to connect, sometimes it is just a IP conflict that requires a reboot of the router and clients assuming there is no conflict in static IPs.