Office and wd2go

Hi

When I try to edit an office file while I am conected across wd2go.com, I can’t open it and show a message “Enters yours credentials”. I try all users (as windows, as wd mycloud), but I can’t open it. Same file, when I connect accros local network, I can edit it without problem.

If I try open pdf file, with acrobat ocurres same error, but windows 8 reader opens it without problem.

Any sugestions?

Regards

try opening office as an administrator and then navigating to file to open it…

garciamendoza wrote:

Hi

When I try to edit an office file while I am conected across wd2go.com, I can’t open it and show a message “Enters yours credentials”. I try all users (as windows, as wd mycloud), but I can’t open it. Same file, when I connect accros local network, I can edit it without problem.

If I try open pdf file, with acrobat ocurres same error, but windows 8 reader opens it without problem.

Any sugestions?

Regards

Thanks, but it doesn’t work.

Just ignore it. It will load the file.

I am trying to find a way to get rid of this.

I have a local directory on my laptop that mirrors the directory on my drive and then I sync when needed.

ok - i tried to recreate the issue to see if this would happen to me but failed to make it fail! :confounded:

but in the process i think i found a possible cause for this and if you are willing to try this might solve the problem…On the microsoft site it talks about non-SSL connection and basic authentication and how office files might not open. Might be taking you down the garden path but worth trying if all else has failed. I would suggest backing up the registry thou incase this causes more problems: website is:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2123563

What is weird is that is only happening to office and adobe but the windows 8 reader is working? so this leads me to think possible browser issue?! have you tried another browse? 

I Try in win 7 and 8. The problem with office´s file is the same. With pdf, only with acrobat reader in windows 8.

After a lot of research (even doing network packet sniffing) and a long conversation with WD support of my results, the conclusion by support  is that Microsoft added an extra authentication layer for its Microsoft office (Adobe uses Microsoft authentication as well) . WD’s server authentication layer is incompatible with Microsoft’s authentication layer yet. Same for Acrobat reader.

I enquired about their plan to support it in the future. I’ll update here.

For the moment either copy the file first to local driver and edit there. Or just click on cancel when asked for authentication and the document (office and acrobat) will load as normal (tested both applications).

I actually have a local copy of a work directory on the WD which I synchronise manually (and scheduled as well in case i have forgotten to do it).