Offical downloads have wierd problem with certs

SmartWare, WD cloud, etc. I’ve been noticing that a lot of the things I’m downloading (not just on wdc.com) are packaged and sign with a odd cert address “https://d.symcb.com/rpa” I am having difficulty with the install of files that are signed with it. The install seems to allow for install of a language that which I can’t read. It’s hard to explain. languages for IME(which I have never, ever needed) I would like to think this is not something WD has changed to, since signing as of late with a cert that’s not of English, requires some interpretation by the OS. I have had problem with this because certain things like control panel item would then be somehow in another language, and all I can find in my system is the install of IME and that certs that have been allowed used it. It would be nice to have English files.

I have just manually downloaded WD SmartWare and the WD My Cloud Desktop App (Windows) for testing purposes using Google Chrome version 56.0.2924.87 and did not encounter the same problem.

Which Internet browser do you use?

I’ve used Firefox, chrome, IE, and Edge. I chatted with Microsoft and I was going to remove the IME but I figured since this also had to do with a couple of programs that had a similar cert addresses but the CN signer was not English. I’ve reset my Windows 10 but the IME’s were somehow kept. It was the main reason why I was able to see the control panel of my Desktop HP 2600 printer properties in another language (With OS in English). The problem was also coming from a driver that I was using downloaded by Driver toolkit (also signed by that address) for my mouse and keyboard (downloaded in CHS). This most likely was my mistake because I allowed for the install of programs that are signed by a cert pointing to that rpa but the CN was not English, which allowed for driver toolkit to download the chs drivers and programs I think. And by doing this it had made Microsoft Office install the corresponding Dic for that IME’s. I’m probably out of line saying that that address is not English and probably jumping to conclusions. I’m sorry for the confusion here but I’m really watching out for those signed downloads now! The WD software is pointing to that rpa but I was not able to verify that exact cert.