Odd error....seeking further help

Before told, yes I scanned the boards for this error code yet I did not get an answer to my question;

I get a message today, first since I got my drive over 3 months ago, 2TB WDMYCLOUD.

"

as.alerts@wdc.com 12:10 AM (4 hours ago)

Following events are generated on your WDMyCloud .

Event title:System restart
Event description:The system has restarted.
Severity:Info Event code:2001
Event time:04-14-2014 10:03:38 PM
Firmware version:       03.04.01-219

Now I am 1700 Miles away and I know there is no one to reset the cloud, and my wife reports no power failures at the house  during this time period, but my daughter reports her movie playing did in fact just quit about that time she was watching… had to wait a few moments and then the wdccloud reappear and she continued watching her movie.

any ways to discovering the reason as to why the drive rebooted while being use?

please advise, and much appreciative for any help.

note: currrently setup as Lan device accessible to 2 smart TV, 1 NeoTV device and 4 Computers.

Update 630 am

Being out of state from where my system is at, I asked my wife to check on her pc if she coudl reach the cloud drive and she could not, I made her reboot the cloud  and then could see the drive on her pc after a few moments (white light turning blue) but she was not able to see it after 5 mins of wait on dlna with smart TV… nor am I able to connect with the wdcloud app on my laptop remotely… I am assuming it is still “indexiing or something like that” … will try again later… 

Do you have Automatic update firmware enabled? That might cause a reboot I guess.

Boomklever wrote:

Do you have Automatic update firmware enabled? That might cause a reboot I guess.

As far as I know there is no new firmware offered now?

1 Like

PatBureau wrote:

any ways to discovering the reason as to why the drive rebooted while being use?

please advise, and much appreciative for any help.

One possibility is kernel panic, which caused the drive to automatically restart.   Unfortunately, since logs are initially saved in RAM (not to disk) such things are not usually logged.

1 Like

Boomklever wrote:

yes I do and Firmware version:       03.04.01-219 is the latest version, that update was done not long ago.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

One possibility is kernel panic, which caused the drive to automatically restart.   Unfortunately, since logs are initially saved in RAM (not to disk) such things are not usually logged.

that could be, would a kernel panic , make it send me the message but make the drive unavailable (not being seen thru a cat wired connected computer nor wireless, and after a hard reboot, can be seen on the wired network, but not on wifi nor remote.?

No, I don’t think so – a kernel panic would simply cause the system to restart (and hence send the alert email) – Might just need to double-check the configuration.

No part of the config would allow it to work via wired but not wifi…  that sounds like a network issue.