NOTICE: WD2Go.com and WDMyCloud.com users in relay mode are reporting that connections

SectorGZ wrote:

Prototyp_Gottes wrote:

Hi SectorGZ,

many thanks for the hint, but this also doesn’t help :frowning: . I have already tried to close my browser and reopen it, but I have the same problem again and again. I also have tried to access it with another browser (I have tried Firefox and Chrome so far), but I can’t access with both of them. I also don’t get any error message, trying to access my My Cloud drive. Both browsers keep on loading, but all I see is the screen where I can choose my My Cloud drive.

As I wrote in one of my former posts, trying to access with a mobile app works a little better. I can access my data in folders where I only have a small amount of data/folders. Trying to access a folder, where I have stored a huge amount of pictures (stored in a huge amount of folders), my mobile app also keeps on loading, but nothing happens. But I tried to generate a folder where I only have a little number of folders with a few mp3 files for testing purposes it then works. It seems like the more folders I have in a public folder the harder it is to access it. Do WD perhaps still have a connectivity/speed problem?

But as described above it doesn’t work at all with wd2go.com and with mobile apps I only have a very little success.

This might be a stupid question, but do you have Java installed or getting any Java error?

Also gewilli brought up a good point … if your MyCloud has a lot of shares this also takes longer to display.

Another point is: Your MyCloud is not still indexing is it?

Yes, I have Java installed and I don’t get any error messages.

I guess not that my MyCloud is still indexing. But how can I check that if I may ask this stupid question?

In the Dashboard, first page that shows, in the “Content Scan” it will not say “Idle”. Then you know it is still indexing.

SectorGZ wrote:

In the Dashboard, first page that shows, in the “Content Scan” it will not say “Idle”. Then you know it is still indexing.

Ok, I just checked the status and content scan says “idle”.

So I think everything should be ok?

Boy oh Boy!! … I’m not sure what to say now :(  I’m sure you have done these things but to make sure:

1. Clear your browser’s cache.

2. All cookies are deleted that pertain to WD.

3. I think you mentioned you have tried Chrome and IE … have you tried Firefox, this is what I use. Also what version of IE are you using?

I am really just trying to think of anything that might stop access to WD2GO. Especially since you get no error after logging in and your Desktop App works when you select “Connected Device”. I think it is time for WD Support help here. Either contact them or send Bill_S an message stating your issue and point to these threads so he can see what has been tried.

Sorry I couldn’t help.

Fingers crossed! My MyCloud is now working properly again. I have full access from all devices and can copy to and from it. Thanks to the engineers, you were getting a roasting there! Location: Northern Ireland

After finding my son can access in UK using firefox I have done some experimenting.

This is an extract to my reply to correspondance to WD re this access and the java security issue.

However I have been experimenting and have found the following:

1. Using my normal chrome browser, I cannot log in, nothing happens after inputting the correct data. If I choose the option to reset the password, I then get to the drive selection page, but neither respond further.

2. Using Internet explorer, I can log in immediately and get to the drive access page, then when I select a drive I am diverted to the oracle site, even if I lower Java security to an unacceptable level.

3. I have just installed Firefox, this allows me to log in and get to the drive selection page, I then had a java issue but there is a useful routine in Java that allows me to reset the access security for this site alone directly. After resetting I now have access using firefox. I will try tomorrow updating Java and see if I can still access.

Hence I now have a work around to get in but it seems strange that I cannot use my preferred chrome browser as before, or even the widely used IE?

SectorGZ wrote:

Boy oh Boy!! … I’m not sure what to say now :(  I’m sure you have done these things but to make sure:

1. Clear your browser’s cache.
  1. All cookies are deleted that pertain to WD.
  1. I think you mentioned you have tried Chrome and IE … have you tried Firefox, this is what I use. Also what version of IE are you using?

I am really just trying to think of anything that might stop access to WD2GO. Especially since you get no error after logging in and your Desktop App works when you select “Connected Device”. I think it is time for WD Support help here. Either contact them or send Bill_S an message stating your issue and point to these threads so he can see what has been tried.

Sorry I couldn’t help.

I thank you so much for all your help, but up to now it still doesn’t work :frowning: .

I deleted the cache and the cookies from chrome and firefox but I still can’t access my drive on wd2go.com :frowning: .

I will check with Bill_S, if he has some more ideas, but at the moment I’m quite pessimistic that my drive will work properly :frowning: . But once again, thank you for all your help!

A few days ago I thought the problem was solved. Back at work now, trying to login. And there it is again: unable to access device. (0).

Fail. Fail. Fail. 

Never again a WD product. 

Prototyp_Gottes  & karimero                     

Did you guys by chance restart your My Clouds yet?  If not, can you please try that first.           

[edit] 

I also see that both of you were escalated to support for further help.  Let us know what the issue turned out to be.  That way other users can benefit from the fix if they’re having the same issues.

Received an email from WD and after rebooting the device it now works ok that is I can access it remotely via WD My Cloud app.

p.

I’ve been really busy the last few days and haven’t had a chance to use or monitor my cloud much.  Nice to see after establishing a Port Forwarding connection again several days ago my EX4 can just switch back to Relay Mode and turn off my cloud access all by itself. :confounded:

I shouldn’t have to keep rebooting my EX4 on a daily basis especially when it’s designed for users to have remote access because they’re away from their homes and businesses.

Join the group. WD MyCloud is a flawed product lineup. I was going to wait till I neared the limit of my device but I cant the product **bleep**, and the company takes forever to fix the problems with firmware build. While every other company gets new features and fixes we get more problems. 

Then the kicker is when we FINALLYYYY do get a build it will have more problems in it than fixes and we will be back in the same boat waiting 4 months for 1 small bug fix 

WD should be ashamed of themselves. 

sxc7885 wrote:

Join the group. WD MyCloud is a flawed product lineup. I was going to wait till I neared the limit of my device but I cant the product **bleep**, and the company takes forever to fix the problems with firmware build. While every other company gets new features and fixes we get more problems. 

Then the kicker is when we FINALLYYYY do get a build it will have more problems in it than fixes and we will be back in the same boat waiting 4 months for 1 small bug fix 

WD should be ashamed of themselves. 

After the failure of the servers my MyCloud seems to work.

But I feel insecure due to that Heartbleed Bug Issue. WD support did not give a convincing answer :frowning: