NOTICE: WD2Go.com and WDMyCloud.com users in relay mode are reporting that connections

http://www.wd2go.com/ - The same result:

"Server not found
Firefox can’t find the server at www.wd2go.com"

Hi,

Looks as you are right. By this reason I have:

"Cloud Access Status
Connection Status Failed

Cannot establish remote access connection. Make sure you are connected to the internet"

How I can solve the problem? The rest of Internet works without any problems.

Have you restarted your WD MyCloud drive?

Not unique problem… Looks like we all swedish owners having the same problem. This must be related to the same issue. My remote connection worked just fine both on smartphones and web, before this whole issue started…

Doesnt matter. Still dont work…

leonidnk wrote:

Hi,

Looks as you are right. By this reason I have:

"Cloud Access Status
Connection Status Failed

Cannot establish remote access connection. Make sure you are connected to the internet"

How I can solve the problem? The rest of Internet works without any problems.

On your PC, open a CMD window.

Issue the command

nslookup

and at the prompt, type

www.wd2go.com

Cut and paste the output to a new post.

About 2 hours ago everything started working for me. Web Access worked fine and all my activated devices connected again. I could also activate new devices again! Let’s hope it stays this way… 

Working fine in Madrid since yesterday. I only hope it never happens again

Hello,

In Portugal e up and running!

The same for me.

I read a lot of such staff as “Port Forwarding the Thomson TG789vn Router” to be ready for big wrecking, but in vain. After a few hours on road bike I can access www.wd2go.com again. And “Connection Status
Connected (Relay connection established)”.

Location Sweden.

Conclusin: Ride your bike, if you got problem with WD My Cloud. :wink:

Do other people also have the same problem, that they have a never ending loading screen after logging in via wd2go.com as they try to access their My Cloud?

I just checked my connection to WD2GO and it is connecting and can see my “Shares” Do you have a problem connecting with the “Desktop App”?

Still doesnt work…

Mine Says " No Devices Available"

Dashboard still  doesnt load…

archive wrote:

Dashboard has nothing to do with remote access.  If you cannot open the web dashboard then you have a problem completely unrelated to the issue in this thread.

INcorrect…

ThreeEyedMinion wrote:

archive wrote:

Dashboard has nothing to do with remote access.  If you cannot open the web dashboard then you have a problem completely unrelated to the issue in this thread.

Incorrect, my passwd wont authenticate from WD hence the dashboard wont load totally.

SectorGZ wrote:

I just checked my connection to WD2GO and it is connecting and can see my “Shares” Do you have a problem connecting with the “Desktop App”?

No, if I use the desktop app, it works properly. I can see all folders an can also access them without any problems.

But I still have problems with my remote access. Using wd2go.com, I only can pass the login screen. After clicking on my My Cloud device, my browser keeps on loading and nothing happens. And by using my mobile apps it is almost the same. At least I can see all the public folders, when I try to access via mobile apps. But after opening the public folder my mobile app also keeps on loading and won’t show me the folders within the public folder.

@ Prototyp_Gottes

Sometimes, for whatever reason, I have to close my browser and try again because I get “Page can not be Found” or, after login to WD2GO, I get “Device Not Found on Network”. But usually if I close my browser and reopen it and try again I can login to WD2GO and can map a share. This is annoying but I figured it was due to WD fixing or updating the server on their end. I’m not sure

SectorGZ wrote:

@ Prototyp_Gottes

Sometimes, for whatever reason, I have to close my browser and try again because I get “Page can not be Found” or, after login to WD2GO, I get “Device Not Found on Network”. But usually if I close my browser and reopen it and try again I can login to WD2GO and can map a share. This is annoying but I figured it was due to WD fixing or updating the server on their end. I’m not sure

Hi SectorGZ,

many thanks for the hint, but this also doesn’t help :frowning: . I have already tried to close my browser and reopen it, but I have the same problem again and again. I also have tried to access it with another browser (I have tried Firefox and Chrome so far), but I can’t access with both of them. I also don’t get any error message, trying to access my My Cloud drive. Both browsers keep on loading, but all I see is the screen where I can choose my My Cloud drive.

As I wrote in one of my former posts, trying to access with a mobile app works a little better. I can access my data in folders where I only have a small amount of data/folders. Trying to access a folder, where I have stored a huge amount of pictures (stored in a huge amount of folders), my mobile app also keeps on loading, but nothing happens. But I tried to generate a folder where I only have a little number of folders with a few mp3 files for testing purposes it then works. It seems like the more folders I have in a public folder the harder it is to access it. Do WD perhaps still have a connectivity/speed problem?

But as described above it doesn’t work at all with wd2go.com and with mobile apps I only have a very little success.

If you remotely access a share with lots of folders it does take much longer, but in my experience it eventually displays the files and subfolders. This is an issue with a smart phone but I haven’t had a chance to try remote access with another PC. Using wd2go from a local PC works fine as far as access speeds.

Prototyp_Gottes wrote:

Hi SectorGZ,

many thanks for the hint, but this also doesn’t help :frowning: . I have already tried to close my browser and reopen it, but I have the same problem again and again. I also have tried to access it with another browser (I have tried Firefox and Chrome so far), but I can’t access with both of them. I also don’t get any error message, trying to access my My Cloud drive. Both browsers keep on loading, but all I see is the screen where I can choose my My Cloud drive.

As I wrote in one of my former posts, trying to access with a mobile app works a little better. I can access my data in folders where I only have a small amount of data/folders. Trying to access a folder, where I have stored a huge amount of pictures (stored in a huge amount of folders), my mobile app also keeps on loading, but nothing happens. But I tried to generate a folder where I only have a little number of folders with a few mp3 files for testing purposes it then works. It seems like the more folders I have in a public folder the harder it is to access it. Do WD perhaps still have a connectivity/speed problem?

But as described above it doesn’t work at all with wd2go.com and with mobile apps I only have a very little success.

This might be a stupid question, but do you have Java installed or getting any Java error?

Also gewilli brought up a good point … if your MyCloud has a lot of shares this also takes longer to display.

Another point is: Your MyCloud is not still indexing is it?