Notice: The My Book World and Mac OS 10.7 (Lion)

Can you provide a probability density graph for the next two weeks? (Just kidding!) 

Thanks for the info. ;-) 

Quantum Mechanically, that firmware update already exists somewhere in the universe as a wave function.

2 Likes

Ok, so, when are WD going to release the cat box we can use to collapse the wave function?

Once it gets measured, it will collapse into a particle, and become available locally.

Forget the firmware… When are WD going to enhance this forum so I can click an “Add Friend” button?

Hang on, didn’t Erwin Schrödinger use the cat box to show how crazy he thought Quantum Physics to be? What does that say about us?

Please update the post for the expected firmware update to support OSX Lion for My Book World ii.  Thanks

As another extremely happy customer I would like to ask WD to stop giving us ■■■■ here!!!

Two weeks ago we have been told the new firmware is going to be avaliable week starting 29th August, then it was suppose to be Tuesday or Wednesday this week…???

Surprise… Surprise… it’s Thursday and…??? still no sign of new software… 

Somehow it was possible to have it done for other versions of WD products but it seems to be too complicated for My Book World editions…???

If I only knew that’s going to happen I would actually spend that £200 or there abouts on Time Capsue (by Apple) and I think I wouldn’t have that much hassle and problems as I have now!

That’s what I call false economy guys… got myself drive for £100 and can’t even use it now… I should of get something better… 

Well defo next time I shall remember to stay away from WD and all of its products.

Very well done WD, keep on doing like this and I bet you aint gonna have customers at all…!!!

1 Like

i can only quote you i was in your same position a shame that wd don’t care about its product and customers 

anyway you can follow my guide to start using your nas right now 

still waiting or?

illidan155

Come on guys, we have a solution and it works perfectly :

Let see if the next firmware update will give me back the time machine fonction on the USB drive attached to the MBW II…

And how does this solution work?

Thanks

It’s Thursday. Everything has been said. Bill has also spammed about physics -_-'… and we haven’t a new probable release date yet! There will be a haemorrhage of customers…

Honestly I feel vicimised because I have bought a “wrong” product from WD… well it seems to me like it was my first and in the same the very last WD product I have ever purchased, NEVER AGAIN!

Shame on WD!!! 

1 Like

Sorry, but I think this is a little ridiculous.

I’m under the assumption that Western Digital hires people that know a little something about computers and programming or whatnot. So why is it that after almost two months, you can’t give an ETA on a firmware update? Not even asking why it hasn’t been released after such a long time. But come on. The people behind the update have to know what the problem is, what they have to do to fix it, and how long that would take.

They have to do this often, so they have to know how long it takes for them to get stuff done.

I don’t even care that I can’t backup my files, but I think it’s a little unprofessional to give an ETA. It’s better to say it’ll take a month, then have it come out early or on time, then to keep saying it’ll take a week or tomorrow, and have it not appear at all.

Just saying.

If only we had some kind of working  Time Machine then we could all just travel to whenever the firmware is/was/will be released.

Oh, wait…

If only less expensive third-party products were supported like more expensive proprietary products…

@Soarous : We have a solution to use Time Machine before the next update… please visit following link.

@biscotte : This solution works great :slight_smile: Check this here :  still waiting or?

FlashHack wrote:

If only less expensive third-party products were supported like more expensive proprietary products…

Than they would be more expensive, because support costs $

1 Like

I have been a techie for a long time, and i gotto say, this has been the worst support i have ever seen of any product, since my very first computer which was a 286.

I mean WD has money, has the assets, has the personnel, this is just outrageous.

Many other manufacturer’s already released an update, it’s been 2 months people.

I wish i could get my money back, i really regret paying almost $500 for my 4 TB backup that’s USELESS.

1 Like

artinf wrote:

I have been a techie for a long time, and i gotto say, this has been the worst support i have ever seen of any product, since my very first computer which was a 286.

I mean WD has money, has the assets, has the personnel, this is just outrageous.

Many other manufacturer’s already released an update, it’s been 2 months people.

I wish i could get my money back, i really regret paying almost $500 for my 4 TB backup that’s USELESS.

It’s your fault for updating so quickly after an OS is released. I understood when Windows 98 came out and people were concerned that stuff like this happened, but we’ve all been down this road like 10 times now (same thing happened with every version of Windows and Mac OSX)… WAIT 6 MONTHS TO A YEAR after an OS is released before updating if your not willing to risk temporarily losing functionality.

There is a very simple workaround: Revert to Snow Leopard until the patch is released. Actually, even after its released because I’m sure other hardware you have is likely having issues since Lion broke so much stuff…

1 Like