Notice: The My Book World and Mac OS 10.7 (Lion)

Bill_S wrote:>    Sheesh, holidays…:angry:

Well since next week is Zhong Qiu Jie on Monday, Hang’Gawi on Tuesday, Cochabamba Day on Wed., Nuestra Señora de la Bien Aparecida on Thursday, and Mexico’s independance day on Friday… it might be another week beyond that…

No holiday until this is fixed! 

No sleep til Brokleyn! 

Reading this thread has certainly made this wait easier, like most sane people I just downgraded back from Lion to Snow Lepard when I found my backup drive to be imcompatible.

Looking forwards to taking Lion for a spin when the patch comes out.

Is this thread the best way to keep up to date, or is there an email list I could subscribe to?

Thanks,

Mike

This is the probably the best way.  We’ll also announce it when it comes out.

soarous wrote:

Is this thread the best way to keep up to date, or is there an email list I could subscribe to?

Thanks,

Mike

You can subscribe to KBA 7081 - When they update it you’ll get an email. (I’m assuming they will update it like they did for the My Book Live)

Bill_S wrote:

This is the probably the best way.  We’ll also announce it when it comes out.

And here I thought that 10+ replies today meant that it must have been released today… :wink: So I, for one, will be looking out for other channels before I get my hopes up.

you still don’t get it  or don’t want to understand it, bill?! (apropos, you find this aggressive? you shut down a thread, just because of very fluffy & strange arguments about tone?! - if you don’t like the internet and it’s conditions, why become community manager in the first place? ok, that was personal, sorry, but i really don’t get your argument…)

so, you leave your customers alone for over 1 month, you don’t apologize at least once for the inconvience or the delay.

last time i bought wd and i would suggest everyone else to do the same. BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! it hardly can get worse.

WD obviously doesn’t give a *** about the binding/trust/credit of users. so why should i, goodbye.

this doesn’t mean that i don’t understand your problems with ETA, testing & everything else. that’s not the point. (i think the argument with lion beta brought up by other people was clear enough)

but i am, like everyone else here, asking simple questions (yes they are, programming & testing might be tricky, but it’s much more a question of priorities) and i/we don’t get ANY proper answer. just delays, maybe’s, bla.

yes, maybe tomorrow it might be fine, but i think, it’s still an obvious and good example of how business works today or at least how some ceos/companies like to conceptualize it.  - you are considered as academics for god’s sake!

best regards & hopefullly you (the company - as weird as it sounds, but i’m sure it was never about you bill!) find your way in the future & something that’s worth called support and/or community.

ah, i feel relief! ultimately it’s just plastic. 

love you all

2 Likes

Hip hip hurray for Bill! Good night from Europe! And yes we europeans still like to buy US engineered products since we believe them to be way better than the copycat chinese stuff… I think! GN

I think you need a little perspective, dude.  The WD MyBook World was never advertised as a Time Machine compatible solution (at least back when I bought it).  It wasn’t until they issued a subsequent firmware update that it started working well with Time Machine.  Until then it required a lot of nursing to get my mac to recognize it and back up to it.  I for one made the conscious choice because the solution was about half the price of a Time Capsule per gigabyte.  If you want no hassles then pony up the extra cash for the Apple branded product and take your frustrations out on them. 

1 Like

Your kidding right? The MyBook World White Light was from the start advertised as a Time Machine compatible solution… That is exactly why I made the purchase. 

1 Like

…As I said, “back when I bought it”…

Do you have the blue rings version??

me too

blue ring, white ring - what’s the point? (yes, i know you can’t support any product infinitely, but i feel polemic) either a company is proud of it’s products or not. WD doesn’t  seem to be very proud…

(my 'back when i bought it" was 7 months ago, btw - and there was an ad for time machine compatibility)

1 Like

Actually, the My Book World (white lights) drive was not originally compatible with Time Machine.  We made it compatible with a firmware update.  So, the original packaging won’t show it as compatible.  However, later packaging probably does show it as compatible.

3 Likes

So, at the risk of asking you to be repetetive, what do you think the chances of a release in the next 24 hours? :slight_smile:

50-50.

1 Like

ah, ok. sorry. but in my case the time machine compatibility was written on the box and also the point for me.

best regards 

I highly doubt we will get another ETA out of Bill again.

You’ve got to view things from his perspective.

1. If I were lead on this release and I had “Bill” asking me for an ETA every 12 minutes I might pickup my PC and throw it at him.

2. Even if Bill DID ask the lead every 12 minutes and even if he DID finally get an answer after 163 PC replacements (which is probably why the patch hasn’t gone live yet) and knew EXACTLY when the patch was scheduled to drop he’d probably still keep quite about the matter in fear of being bashed, slaughtered and ripped to shreds if it were late again.

:wink: