NOTICE: Service Issues Update for My Cloud and My Book Live

rayzor wrote:

Buzznitro, where are you living ?? I’m living in Ireland and still no joy…

Did you restart the device?

So what is the mechanism that requires you to reboot the device for it to register itself with WD again?

Being a linux-based systerm one shouldn’t need to reboot a device unless there is a kernel change. Is there a service that can be restarted or perhaps toggling the ethernet interface up/down be used to re-register the device with WD?

When I am not at home I can’t reset the device. But since I can access my home network remotely and I can SSH into the device, I’d rather just restart a service that will force it to re-register rather than reboot it.

No …just fortunate…you got one of the good drives.

Some of us can’t get above 5MB off-line.

ThreeEyedMinion wrote:

Jumpman wrote:

My device switched back to Port Forwarding on it’s own.  Why does my EX4 switch it’s connection type without me being the one initiating it?   :confounded:

I think this is change you want to be automatic.  If it does not change when it needs to, your remote access will fail.

It is testing direct connection through port forwarding.   If it works, it changes modes.

If it does not work, it must use Relay mode which requires VPN connection to WD Relay servers.

It is good to not need Relay.

Spoke too soon…

If only the EX4 did what it was advertised to do without all this rebooting and headache. :cry: