NOTICE: Service Issues Update for My Cloud and My Book Live

Our My Cloud and My Book Live users are experiencing intermittent issues with WD servers that enable remote access when using these products.  These issues include poor transfer speeds and/or inability to connect remotely.  We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we are working very hard to resolve these issues and resume normal service as soon as possible.  We thank you for your patience and will provide updates as they are available.

Please be sure to click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the ‘Accept as Solution’ button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.

It would be more bearable if the poor transfer speed did not also occur locally :frowning:

Can we have an update as to why it is happening and any eta for a fix? Or does the lack of that data mean the problem is still unknown?

TBFGhost wrote:
Can we have an update as to why it is happening and any eta for a fix? Or does the lack of that data mean the problem is still unknown?

ETA requires sufficient understanding of the problems. Make your own conclusions :wink:

Nik71 - Surely there should be hourly updates from a community manager on an issue such as this.

I have been biting my virtual tongue all weekend on this matter - My profession is IT Service Management - What WD is portraying is pure incompetence! 

I simply couldn’t imagine any organisation acting in this way - You have a massive user base, and you only have to look at the number of responses to the original outage thread to see the impact it is having.

All people are wanting is the simplest thing - Communication & Transparency…If you were to give regular updates rather than a copy and paste every 6hrs then maybe the heat from your user base wouldn’t be as bad - Well at least maybe there wouldn’t be a specific thread on your forum where your customers are talking about alternatives to your product! 

Please start to engage your customer base better, before you simply don’t have one.

Thanks.

LinAdmin19 wrote:

It would be more bearable if the poor transfer speed did not also occur locally :frowning: 

Why can this affect speeds locally?

I still have good fast speed localy even though these service are downed.

When I copied files today to my laptop (so I did not need to use Cloud service) the copy was 100mB/second?

Am I measuring something wrong?

At this point its been what, 4 days? No information, no updates, no ETA, no idea what the problem is…I really don’t understand why people are even waiting anymore. On Friday I saw the writing on the wall and ordered a Synology NAS. 

TBFGhost wrote:

At this point its been what, 4 days? No information, no updates, no ETA, no idea what the problem is…I really don’t understand why people are even waiting anymore. On Friday I saw the writing on the wall and ordered a Synology NAS. 

What one did you go for?

DS213j

We continue to make progress restoring connections to our My Cloud and My Book Live servers, but some users continue to experience intermittent connectivity and transfer speed issues.  We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we are working very hard to resolve these issues and resume normal service for everyone as soon as possible.  We thank you for your patience.

@ Billy,

Does that mean that we can’t log in at the moment ? I can’t log in now…

At what point are you invoking DR? You do have a DR strategy, right?!

I am getting the same login problem.  I have a laptop with an established connection, that works fine, but if I try and set up WD My Cloud on a different laptop it bounces the username/password.

Is that what you are getting?

Getting the same remote access connection issues as from last Sunday [sigh]

Is there a problem with WD My Cloud Servers? It was working fine yesterday.

Just for the notice

I have had no ability to remote login furthermore it is not possible to add my cloud to my phone even my cloud on the phone is listed as member of my network. This problem has persisted now for nearly 10 days or more. In beginning I thought the error was local related, but my brothers mybook live got the same problem at the very same time. His problem disappeared last Sunday but my problem is still going on.

I really hope that this issue will be solved; otherwise I could have bought a much cheaper HD and connected it to my computer. I need this remote access!

Sincerely

Jorn Johanesson

Bought the 3TB My Cloud on Sat and have been able to use the hdd once since then…time to pack this back in the 

box and return it to the store and find a more reliable internet storage solution…

Very disappointed in WD handling of these issues and the lack of communcation

In France, we have the same problem. WDmy cloud is not accessible since 3-4 days !!! It’s unbelievable !!!

The price is not the issue here. The issue is that it is not possible to make a remote access or to add the mycloud to my phone on local network. It has persisted for more than a week now. And the mycloud account has also disappeared.

1 Like

Sorry English is not my main language so jokes in English might pass my nose :slight_smile: I am Danish

My first WD hardware ever - bought saturday and still not able to enter my My Cloud remotely. WD is very quite and not giving us any information what so ever - my last WD hardware for sure.

Giving them 3 days to fix it or atleast come with a detailed message, otherwise the product is going back!

1 Like