Not able to instal firmware 3.00.28

Hi there.

I also had some troubles with firmware 2.08.13 and rolled back to 2.07.17 to get my thumbs back up. Now that I see there is a new firmware I would like to give this firmwara a go. However when I download the firmware to my USB stick en plug it in the device i don’t get any options of installing firmware 3.00.28. With te dive plugged into the network ik connects online te get firmware and wants to instaal version 2.08.13. no chance of 3.00.28 here. When i disconnect the device it doesn’t see any firmware.  This is very weird for me since I rolled back the firmware without any problems.

Is there a way to put 3.00.28 on my device. Tanks in advance.

You have to upgrade to 2.08.13 before going to the next version.

Tony, sorry to say but you are wrong. I upgraded from FW 2.07 to 3.00 without any issues and then downgraded back down to 2.04 to have full compability with Joey’s AEonish theme. I always use an external hard drive with the FW update files copy to the root folder and update are done within 5 minutes without any problems. A sticky to this forum should be added with a concise explanation on the procedure to follow to carry out a faultless FW update.

I always upgrade via WIFI and need to update to the next version first and then onto the latest version as was the case with my latest upgrade from 2.07.17 > 2.08 > 3.00.28.

It seems like it that you can upgrade directly to the version you want by using USB stick.

Yup I used a USB stick and went from 2.07 to 3.0 and it was flawless. May not be needed with the WD, but the Seagate FAT+ I had would NEVER upgrade FW properly unless it was done from a USB stick. For this reason I always update FW on the WD using a USB stick.

I had to go to Setup/System and make sure Auto Update is On (I keep it OFF until I upgrade FW)

Power the unit all the way down Unplug, Use the remote Power switch or the switch on Hub and make sure you hold it long enough to power it all the way off.

Put the USB stick in with the firmware copied to the root of the USB stick (I prefer the front USB port and NO other USB devices connected)

Power it back on, wait for it to boot up and you should see an option on the menu that new firmware was found.

Once the FW is upgraded, this is my own personal preference and PROBABLY not needed, I do a full reset on the Hub. So far I have gone from 2.04 to 3.0 and I don’t have a lot of problems that a lot of people report having. Just sayin’ TIFWIW :slight_smile:

I was explaining why the NETWORK upgrade was going 2.07->2.08->3.00

If the OP’s USB upgrade wasn’t recognized, there was probably a missing file, or the wrong package on the USB disk.

I’ve got 3.00 now thanks a lot for all your replies. I upgraded two times on line to get it done. However stil no thumbs in 3.00 for me here. Anybody here who knows how to solve this??

:smileyvery-happy:As a rule, from other devices i have had to flash up or down, always do it from a USB stick.

ALWAYS unplug any internet ethernet cords or usb devices BEFORE attempting to flash.

Try the flashed device out first , THEN plug all the cords back in.

I NEVER flash from online and certainly NEVER from a network. *ack!*

These are just my percautions based on prior (nightmares) experiences.

Jayloki wrote:

:smileyvery-happy:As a rule, from other devices i have had to flash up or down, always do it from a USB stick.

ALWAYS unplug any internet ethernet cords or usb devices BEFORE attempting to flash.

Try the flashed device out first , THEN plug all the cords back in.

I NEVER flash from online and certainly NEVER from a network. *ack!*

These are just my percautions based on prior (nightmares) experiences.

On the other hand I mostly leave the ethernet cable in and flash from the network without having any problems.