Not able to delete duplicate files on MY Book

I am having problems deleting duplicate files on a WD My Book when using CCleaner software.
Piriform Software support has suggested the WD My Book AES hardware encryption could be preventing CCleaner from removing the files.
Does anyone know of a workaround I could try rather than manually deleting 1000s of files?

Hi @PeterMck,

[26-08-2022 11:23 am] Keerti Mulasangappa

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:

If you’re encountering difficulties deleting duplicate files on a WD My Book using CCleaner due to potential conflicts with the WD My Book AES hardware encryption, there are a few alternative methods you can try to address the issue. Here are some suggestions:

1. Use a different duplicate file finder tool: Instead of relying on CCleaner, you can try using alternative software specifically designed for finding and removing duplicate files.

2. Disable hardware encryption temporarily: If the hardware encryption on your WD My Book is causing conflicts, you can try disabling it temporarily to see if it resolves the issue.

3. Copy files to a different location: Instead of deleting files directly from the WD My Book, you can copy the files you want to remove to a different location on your computer’s hard drive. After the files are safely copied, you can use CCleaner or another duplicate file finder to delete the duplicates from the new location.

4. Format/Erase the WD My Book: If none of the above solutions work, you can consider formatting or secure wipe the WD My Book as a last resort. You can try a reliable tool such as BitRaser File Eraser, to securely erase or wipe data from your drive. This step will erase all data on the drive, so make sure you have a backup of your important files before proceeding.

It’s worth mentioning that before attempting any significant changes to your WD My Book or its files, it’s advisable to contact WD support directly or consult their documentation for guidance specific to your device.