Noob Question about ISO's

Hi recently got a WDTV player mainly so i could put all my dvd’s on a hard drive and play them. i kept them all as ISO files so i could put them back to disc if i wanted to. however after putting my 600 or so films on the hdd i found that at least 33 of them wouldn’t play! 4 of them where paramount/tobis sergio leone films that have had known PC issues with, but every other film was a colombia/tristar dvd’s. they all show as on the hard drive but not one plays. i copied them with anydvd hd. is there a known problem with colombia dvd’s or any workaround to get them to play?  

cheers semore1972                                       

Hello, Hi semore1972, see if the following link helps. 

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Discussions/Some-DVD-ISOs-play-some-don-t/m-p/15408/highlight/true#M5013

1 Like

thanks for the link but trying different decrypters didn’t work, however i did a bit of playing with my WDTV and found if i turned off dvd menu off i could play all the colombia/tristar iso’s but only the film itself! searching on these forums i found it used to be a problem before but no-ones mentioned it recently. i’m on the latest update so could rolling back to an older firmware solve the issue? does anyone else have this problem? is it a compatability issue with colombia dvds and WDTV players? any help or advice would be much appreciated because its driving me mad!

cheers semore1972 

So you tried DVDFab and the iso still does not play?

yeah tried a few different programs. if they convert dvd to seperate video and audio ts files i can play them but i was after keeping it as an iso. it just is strange that only the colombia dvd’s are the issue

If you’re using DVDfab, try turning “PathPlayer” OFF for that disc.

PathPlayer is what DVDfab tries to use to determine if there’s deliberately corrupt navigation structure in the DVD IFO files.   Sometimes it gets false positives and results in unusable menus.  

I’ve run across this a handful of times on TV-Series DVDs (Scrubs, King of Queens, Star Trek Enterprise, etc.) 

Worth a shot…

ok i’ll try that and let you know if it works

cheers

hi tried dvdfab without pathfinder and no joy, plays the film when i take dvd menu off but otherwise with it on its a black screen, on pressing the options button no menu option whereas every other film has this option:confounded:

You could try ripping to a folder and then making an iso.

See here

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=53544

thanks seems like some good info here! I’ll get back to you on it. cheers

hi tried clonedvd2 and amazingly it worked! the slysoft forum info lead me to it, i’m trying other films now but it seems that there are issues with colombia dvd’s. will let you know if all the dvd’s work but for now thankyou very much everyone for your help! cheers semore1972