Non-destructive reset?

What specific My Cloud device do you have? The My Cloud Home device is different than the My Cloud device and the Home series of devices was only released this past year.

One cannot access the My Cloud using USB. The USB port is generally only for attaching external USB hard drives to the My Cloud device.

What does “I can only access as a guest” specifically mean?

How are you specifically accessing the MY Cloud? Using what software, program or app? Are you using Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder?

Have you tried using the My Cloud IP address, usually found by accessing the network router’s administration page, to access the My Cloud Dashboard?

How is the local network setup? How is the computer and My Cloud connected to that local network?

How to access the Dashboard on a My Cloud device | WD Support

Some things to check. Connect the computer using wired Ethernet to the same router/switch as the My Cloud. Check to ensure both devices are using the same Workgroup name (“workgroup” for example) if using Windows computers. Make sure both the computer and My Cloud are using the same IP address range. The router’s administration page can help figure out what IP addresses each device is using or receiving. If using Windows 10 the following post has some additional things to check on Windows 10 to fix certain problems with accessing or seeing the My cloud on the local network.

Compilation of Windows 10 Methods, Steps and Solutions - Cloud Storage / My Cloud - WD Community