NOD32 Smart Security Automatic Startup File Check

FYI:

I had the problem of “Safely Remove Hardware” not working in Vista. I found a post on here about NOD32 Automatic Startup File Check prevening this from working. I thought it was odd, since it was just a startup scan and once the scan was over, it should not be preventing the “Safely Remove Hardware” from working. But I unchecked all the options in NOD32 that said “Automatic Startup File Check” and rebooted the computer and “Safely Remove Hardware” works just fine now.

1 Like

Thanks I wonder what components the NOD uses. There was a problem on Windows 7 a while ago with Kapersky. The problem was really that the Kapersky engine was part of numerous other security programs so it wasn’t only Kaspersky with the problem.

Joe

Peter_Cornstalk wrote:

FYI:

I had the problem of “Safely Remove Hardware” not working in Vista. I found a post on here about NOD32 Automatic Startup File Check prevening this from working. I thought it was odd, since it was just a startup scan and once the scan was over, it should not be preventing the “Safely Remove Hardware” from working. But I unchecked all the options in NOD32 that said “Automatic Startup File Check” and rebooted the computer and “Safely Remove Hardware” works just fine now.

Have you done all your Vista updates?  I’d also look for any patches dealing with Vista’s safely remove option and virus checking.  I remember hearing something about this, but it was a while back.  Unfortunately, I don’t remember the specifics.