No WD Smartware CD unlock option - I cannot open my drive

Hello everyone, I need help with my WD passport, doesn’t open anymore in my MAC, because of the update. So I’m trying to open in a Widows computer, but I don’t have the option of de WD Smartware CD, this is the message that I get every time that I tip my password:

#This Drive is not locked. To unlock a different WD drive. please open theWDDrive unlock cd associated with the desired drive, and them run the Unlock application to unlock the drive."

I don’t have that option of the Smartware CD, just don’t give that option. What should I do?
Because of that I can not have access to my drive. Any solutions? PLEASE HELP.

THANKS

After updating my iMac to macOS Catalina I could not use WD Unlocker anymore. I downloaded WD Drive Utilities software and was able to type my password and it opened fine. Hope that helps you.

I strongly suggest you try the drive on a different computer. If you are able to unlock it there, please remove the security on the drive and then put it back to your PC. Hopefully the error won’t pop up.
Please make sure you install the SES driver on your system as well, I don’t think you will be able to unlock it otherwise. Here’s a link to the file and the SmartWare image file, which you can burn if you cannot find your CD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=S7SRJw
What is the SES driver and why you need it: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=MRt3mj
If you didn’t back up any filles, you make use of a data recovery tool: iBoysoft Free Data Recovery Software for Windows [Download & Service]

Hope this helps.

WxMan87 has it right. I also installed WD Drive Utilities and opened it. It then asked to connect the drive’s USB cable. After doing this, the window showed an unlock option and a place to type in your Mac password. This unlocks the drive and you can use it with Time Machine, and eject the drive from Finder when finished.

I’m having the same issue with my WD Drive. I am getting this same message when I try to access my files:

#This Drive is not locked. To unlock a different WD drive. please open the WD Drive unlock cd associated with the desired drive, and them run the Unlock application to unlock the drive.

I have downloaded WD Drive Utilities and unlocked the drive using this software. I still cannot access the files!

I’ve also attempted to open the drive using the Disk Management route, and attempted to “initialize” the disc/or share it. None of these have worked!

What can I do? Both of my computers are older, and won’t allow me to access my folders on the external WD drive.