No Storage On Brand New "MY PASSPORT" 1TB WDBBXV0010BBK?

Maybe Someone Can Help Here Please: Ive just received a brand new "My Passport Model WDBBXV0010BBK 1TB and connected it with the USB cable to my mac mini which has the lastest Lion.  All im getting on my monitor is a grey icon NOT YELLOW?? which are: (the WD utilities)  and another icon: (WD security utilities) anyway i dragged and installed the 2 apps to the computer Apps…while I was completing the Diagnostics, Sleep Timer & Registration etc etc an update poped up: (wd drive utilities v.1.1.1.3 is available for update) which I accepted but it repeated everytime i open the WD Utilities even though it updated?? or did it?? it did show and loaded…but reappears???

My main Corncern is where is MY PASSPORT STORAGE??? there is nothing showing or to open apart from the above mentioned…Regards

Is this drive formatted for Mac or Windows? A drive formatted NTFS for Windows will be read only on a Mac.

Joe

1 Like

Hi Joe, The WD Passports have written on them “For Mac”  just dont understand whats going on here, im using other WD Passports since 2010 (500gb) and have no issues with them??

Regards Rick