- Own two other WD External Hard Drives. (320 GB, 500 GB.)
- Recently purchased 1 TB External Hard Drive.
- Saw that it did not have preinstalled SmartWare software.
- Could not use SmartWare on my laptop to connect to the drive, even after formatting.
- Returned it, got same model.
- Same problem on new External Drive.
On the box, it states you can, in fact, use the password protection and whatnot, so I am assuming this is some sort of holiday season mishap. Luckily not a huge one, as the drives do, in fact, work. It is aggrivating that you are not getting entirely what you pay for. (Password protection, defragmenting, encryption.)
Anyone else having similar problems or know of solutions?