No MKV Files available at my Philips BDP5500 but on other dlna clients i see those files

First of all Hello to the community and excuse my bad english :wink: Since xesterday i own a MBL 3TB. i have setup the dlna service and moved some files for testing in the shared video folder. now i have the following problem: 1 of 4 dlna clients (Philips BDP5500 Blue Ray-Player) don’t see any mkv files (other file types like avi seems to be ok)! the other 3 clients (philips smartTV, satelite receiver, and another dlna-client device) see all of the files an play it very well. The BDP5500 IS CAPABLE to play MKV Files. Cause the player plays exactly the same files as on the MBL 3TB when provided via my wild Media Server DLNA Server which i has setup on my PC. So why is this? How can i get mkv files played with the BDP5500 device? Anyone can help? Thanks!

Most often, this issue is caused by an invalid or incompatible “Mime” type specified by the DLNA server.  

Which Media Server is installed on the MBL?   

It’s the latest WD Media Server Version: Medienserver-Version: 2.3.0.12093. but as i have stated, all mkv are played on my smartv (via MBL). thanks for your suggestion.

After having some time i now have installed the twonky media server. And guess, all mkv files are shown and can be played with my blu-ray player. It seems that the new WD DLNA Server Software are incompatibel with my player. So for me my problem is solved. But i think the WD DLNA Server should act like any other DLNA Server. bye

reini.f wrote:
But i think the WD DLNA Server should act like any other DLNA Server. bye

Well, it actually is.  All DLNA servers will have various eccentricities such as this.