No media in current folder

I am running  fireware 1.01.7. Haven’t updated cause it has be working just fine for me without the update. Til today went to browse my NAS and it say No media in the current folder. The directory structure on the NAS is Movies/Action/Movie.iso.

Haven’t had a problem with this before. I got all my movies in folders by genre action, drama, family etc. What could be causing this problem? Only thing that I have done different is setup FTP on my NAS. I can access my shares on my Media Server.

What brand of NAS and having switched on FTP is the media server still active? Have you reindexed?

Nas is a Dlink 321 with 2 single 1TB drive. No I didn’t reindex. Not sure how. What I did do is remove users and stop the FTP and restarted the NAS.  Still no media found. I also just put a file in the root and nothing there.

Is the WDTV Live supposed to support any drives other than WD?

Yes as far as I know. It worked fine with my NAS til it decided not to work.

Yes, it works fine with pretty well any NAS.

I have a synology and within the server maangement section there is a media server section and within that I have a button to cick to re-index the server. Do you have similar? SOunds to me like the issue is with the NAS rather than the WD. Also, as several others like to say, have you reset the WD back to factory defaults?

Well I restore to factory and now I can’t get to none of my shares.

Edit: Restart WD and can get to network share but still not the DLink 321 NAS. This is beginning to ■■■■!!!

DNS-321 user here.

The only time I see that msg is when the NAS is starting up and the shares are somehow not ‘ready’. A second try a few moments later works.

But I’m using a modified config that includes bonjour and some samba fixes specific to OS X. I don’t think that would affect the wdtv live in anything but longer times for the NAS to boot/be available.

I recall something in the lines that when you modify the default settings for the NAS, the guest user access is revoked. Could that be the case?

DNS-321 user here.

The only time I see that msg is when the NAS is starting up and the shares are somehow not ‘ready’. A second try a few moments later works.

But I’m using a modified config that includes bonjour and some samba fixes specific to OS X. I don’t think that would affect the wdtv live in anything but longer times for the NAS to boot/be available.

I recall something in the lines that when you modify the default settings for the NAS, the guest user access is revoked. Could that be the case?

WDTV Live fw. 1.01.24 + osdModLive 0.11 / wired to GigE switch / DNS-321 NAS + Bonjour and customized SMB.

@KaiVP

Well I have tried to access them serval time. I have done a complete shutdow and restart. I solved the problem with some info from your post. I did a restore to factory setting and it is working fine now. Thanks for the help.