The HUB being able to read larger than 2TB drives was fixed in version 2.06.10 as stated in the release notes:
• Supports WD Photos - mobile access application.
• Supports Picasa - web albums application.
• Supports casual games: Cosmox, Memory, Rockswap Adventures and Sudoku.
• Supports USB hard drives greater than 2TBs.
• Resolved user interface brightness issue introduced with last release.
• Resolved Hebrew subtitles not displaying correctly.
• Resolved several Facebook user interface issues.
• Resolved several TuneIn Radio user interface issues.
• Resolved several CinemaNow user interface issues.
• Resolved MKV files causing the picture to disappear when subtitles enabled.
• Resolved DVD resume is broken if media library is off.
• Resolved Deezer green filter hot-key not responding.
• Resolved several folder lock issues.
Therefore any version thereafter should work the same. At least until they introduce a bug that breaks it again.