No longer have external drive - cannot uninstall software

I returned my WD Passport because it didn’t work properly and opted for a refund rather than a replacement. Now I can’t removed WD Smartware from my laptop and it is driving me insane. Add/Remove doesn’t work. How do I do this?

If you can’t uninstall the program then the registry of your computer is bad, try to fix it using CCleaner (Free) or TuneUp Utilities like I use (Not free) and you should be able to uninstall the program. If you want to be more drastic then use system restore to a date before you got the Passport.

Sorry I didn’t really clarify this in the first post, it will not uninstall because WD Drive Manager Status is running and I do not know how to uninstall this as its not an option in Add/Remove.

Thanks

The drive manager is a process, open tast manager and kill it.

Also, later on it says “There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the set up did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor”

– I ended the task on task manager and it still shows this later on when uninstalling.

littlewillow wrote:

Also, later on it says “There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the set up did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor”

– I ended the task on task manager and it still shows this later on when uninstalling.

Killing the process on task manager does not remove it or uninstall it, it just closes it to allow you to uninstall it. Killing it on Task Manager only helps if you get the error unable to uninstall because the program is in use. Now, if you can’t uninstall it and you get that error message then the registry is corrupted/broken. Again, run a registry cleaner/optimizer to repair it and then try to uninstall it again.

1 Like

Thanks I will do that now. Cheers