No "Get Content Info" from local/network shares . . Help

Hi everyone,

I am new to forums and will give as much detail as possible.

I have recently purchased my wdtv live SMP gen 3 (running latest fimware) and have been loading my movie collection onto a portable usb drive, allowing the wdtv to load the content info. Once loaded I have been pasting these files back onto my PC and accessing them through the wdtv network shares. Doing this displays a jpeg at folder level and inside the folder is a movie sheet and backgrop.

I dont know if i have changed anything, however I cant seem to replicate earlier success in regards to '“Get Content Info” from my wdtv live. Once the movie is highlighted I would press the option button and I could select “Get Content Info”, now once i press option there is only -

Move

Copy

Select Multiple

Post to FaceBook

I have tried the following to fix the problem:

Roll back to earlier firmware

Hardware Reset

Power Cycle

Clear Login Details

Clear Media Library

Disabled Media Library

Deleted Added Network Shares to Media Library

How do I enable ‘Get Content Info’ on my wdtv? Also can this be done through my network shares? I know when I was able to do this through my local storage it didnt seem to be an option through my network shares.

I appreciate your assitance in advance.

In order to see “Get Content Info…” for files that are on shares, you must:

– Add the share to the Media Library (Via the SETUP / System / Media Library menus)

– Set your Content Source to “My Media Library” when you’re viewing the VIDEOS section by pressing the Red button on the remote.

Thank you for your reply Tony.

Although I am aware of this process through adding network shares to the media library
, when I do so - the progress bar on wdtv says “compiling media library”. This has been doing this for 24 hours.

I would imagine it would take a while the first run through, however surely something is wrong?

Do you have any suggestions on how to rectify this process?

Thanks again mate.

I’m having the same problem using shares, it hangs on either “Compiling media library” or “Getting content info”. It added some metadata for some files, but after a while I don’t see anything new being added on the physical disk. It’s definitely not a security or permissions issue, as I’ve given Everyone full control.

I’ve even tried to start the process from scratch:

• Remove shares from WD TV

• Clear login info

• Clear media library

• Re-add shares and allow media library to rebuild

But this still does not resolve the problem. The next thing to try would be to remove all metadata from the drive, and repeat the process above but that would take a bit of time. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys.

Frosty13 wrote:
Thank you for your reply Tony.

Although I am aware of this process through adding network shares to the media library
, when I do so - the progress bar on wdtv says “compiling media library”. This has been doing this for 24 hours.

I would imagine it would take a while the first run through, however surely something is wrong?

Do you have any suggestions on how to rectify this process?

Thanks again mate.

• *> Does the compiling stop in the same place every time , can you see which files have been added and which are missing. Maybe the Media Library is having problems reading some files and the compiling is getting “stuck”. If you can narrow it down to which ones, you can try moving them into another place temporarily, to see if the compile finishes.

I would also recommend a Restart of the device… not a reset.

this has helped me a number of times.  go to Settings / system / device restart.

Hope  this helps, if so kudos! 

D