No access to Media over DLNA on a Denon BluRay Player

Hello all, this is my first post to this forum, hopefully there is someone here who can help me out or is familiar with this issue. 

I have a Denon DBP 1611UD BluRay player and the 1TB My Book Live all connected to the same network. I didn’t setup any usernames as everything can be public for my purposes. I can see the drive and access all of its contents on any computer on the same network. 

When I go to the menu on the BluRay player to access media from USB or Network, the name of my drive shows up, and I can click it. The Denon automatically shows “folders” for “Music, Photo, Video” even if I don’t have those folders setup on my drive. I have various video types and pictures on my drive, in the public share and they don’t show up on the denon. All I see are the generic folders and all are empty. I tried making appropriate folders for each type with the corresponding name, and that didn’t work, and then I made corresponding shares for each type, and that didn’t work either.

I think the problem may be that the BluRay player just wants to look at the root directory, and may not be able to connect directly too the Public share, but I’m not sure. Any work arounds or ideas? Thanks

Hello, try this, from the My Book dashboard go to settings/media and from the status option select rescan, if that doesn’t work select rebuild.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5871/session/L3RpbWUvMTMzNDg2NzAyMi9zaWQvWVZFa1IyV2s%3D