No access to cloud services since firmware update 5.25.132

This sounds like an IP assignment issue.

What IP address is the NAS getting? Is it getting a valid IP address from the router?

I have no idea about the IP address. I have no access to the dashboard.
It’s just flashing blue.

Check the network router’s administration page (the DHCP server) to see if it lists the IP addresses handed out and if the My Cloud received one.

Other troubleshooting steps. One’s ISP/broadband provider may block or interfere with the ports/protocol used by the My Cloud’s remote access feature. May want to check if your ISP blocks any ports. If you have changed your network router/gateway its possible the new equipment is causing a problem. One may have to check the router/gateway configuration and possibly change settings. See if UPnP is disabled within the router/gateway. See your router/gateway’s user manual for more information on how to change it’s settings/options.For example one may have to open the ports remote access uses in the router/gateway firewall.

My Cloud OS 5: Port Usage and Assignments
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detailweb/a_id/29968

. . .but it really feels like an IP addressing issue.

Just don’t be surprised ifyou have piles of connected devices. Phones; TV’s, Streaming sticks, computers; smart lights; smart thermostats. . . .it adds up.

With the IP address, you can reach the dashboard by typing the ip address into a web-browser address bar.

Hi Guys,

I’m back.
So is my flashing blue light.
Did the 4s and 40s reset.
Did the on/off, plug/unplug, changed cables, the whole shebang.
Connected directly to iMac.
Absolutely no access.
Just the flashing blue light.
Much sadness.

@Sam885
When did you post this? Have you solved your problem?

@cat0w
Hi, I received the software update reminder email on the cut-off day, i.e. 15 June.
I was unable to update in time.
I am able to access my router network. It indicates that that there is a connection … I think.
Device still off-line.
Neither Chrome nor Safari can connect to server.
Finder on iMac no longer detects the device.
Always flashing blue.

Screen Shot 2023-06-29 at 6.29.44 PM

Screen Shot 2023-06-29 at 6.23.35 PM

Can you access the My cloud Dashboard? Not the remote cloud dashboard but the actual local network My Cloud Dashboard?

Have you checked the local network router to see what IP address it is handing out to the My Cloud or if it see’s the My Cloud as a connected network device? Is the My Cloud directly connected to the local network router (not connected to network extender, mesh node, power line adapter, etc)?

1 Like

Hi Bennor,

Thanks for the quick response, and apologies for the delayed response.
I was not able to access any Dashboard. Not the Cloud and neither the local network.
Just flashing blue.

I connected it directly to my router as you instructed.
Same story for the past 10 days. Flashing blue, no access. I kept on disconnecting,
doing 4s and 40s resets multiple times, over many days, and still nothing.
I eventually gave up (left it connected to my router) and started using an external
hard rive connected to my iMac and shared files to my Apple TV 4k. (I used my WD
NAS for predominantly watching movies).

I had a look this morning by, chance, and lo and behold, noticed the solid blue. To my surprise,
I had full normal access with full functionality including remote access. Firmware already
updated to 5.26.300. No intervention from me, apart from connecting directly to my router. I’ve
decided not to interfere, and leave it there.

Not sure how it corrected, but glad its working again!

I have three drives, two single 3 & 4 T with another Dual 12 T Ex2Ultra.
I’ve battled with all these to restore them back together on the OS 5 app since the update prior. The update had reset some settings in the Utilities and network folders.I went into each dashboard individually to reset the drives to local ip structure. Fixed Ip addresses work best for me for a multi device structure on OS5. On windows it’s able to route to the drives easier, on a Mac OS is time consuming to structure al drives to synchronize together on OS 5. Make sure your time and time zone is correct on each drive. Especially if your on daylight savings time. My drives never stopped working, and stayed connected to my devices. I was unable to connect to them to make changes unless I signed into each one individually. These drives are hardened work horses. If they’re not working as you think they should, you’ll find the problem in your setup. Or a misconfigured update. I have one 3 T drive that has been running 24 hours a day for the last 10 years with a zero fail rate.
Hope this helps someone with a frustrating situation.
Good Luck

I lost remote connectivity to both my MyClouds a couple of months ago. Had to update to 5.26.300 locally to restore it.