Next firmware release?

There is already a beta testing group for WD firmware’s existant. Giving an untested firmware to all users is too much of a risk in legality. So in short, be patient for the next release. :slight_smile:

ermm I think you will find we are all the beta testing group.

Thats why most of us have rolled back more than Asda.

1 Like

Trancer wrote:

As previously noted, a Firmware Release will only become available after significant changes are made to the base code and enough testing has been carried for stability. This is the reason as to why there have been both narrow and wide time gaps between one update and the next; it depends on the changes that are made.

Regards,

So, if i’m correct, the next firmware update will be a major one?

RV2010 wrote:

Trancer wrote:

As previously noted, a Firmware Release will only become available after significant changes are made to the base code and enough testing has been carried for stability. This is the reason as to why there have been both narrow and wide time gaps between one update and the next; it depends on the changes that are made.

Regards,

So, if i’m correct, the next firmware update will be a major one?

Oh yes, this time they will break everything. :slight_smile:

wdtvhub,

I have only mentioned my one aspect of the features I use and my annoyances, isn’t this what this form is for?

I haven’t mentioned the features that I don’t use that don’t work such as:

Blockbuster will not load videos…

CinemaNow will not load videos…

ISO file don’t load now…

I haven’t explored these RESETS, ROLLBACKS, and WORKAROUNDS.

The Hub frequently crashes to the main menu when playing videos where I have to jump over a “trivial” menu item to get back to the video that I was attempting to watch.

I want to be able to sit down, drink a cold one, and to be able to watch a two hour movie without RESETS, ROLLBACKS, and WORKAROUNDS. Instead, I spend hours on this board looking for a solution and scanning many users also experiencing the same issues.

If WD is working on a new major release, great!!! They can’t get it here fast enough.

BTW, “ The box not noticing new items till you smash it off and on with a hammer.” LOL:smileyvery-happy:

1 Like

But where to join the beta testing group? The last public beta release was 2.04.13, is that the last beta firmware WD has released for the hub or there are others newer beta version?

to continue or expand the whining,

if the next update doesn’t include a fix for 5.1PCM passthrough,

i’ll stop waiting and return the device.

it is a feature that was in the specs they gave out first and was never fixed.

smells like lawsuit material to me, except it doesn’t work that way where i live XD

and seriously, what was the reason to make the beta a closed one?

how backwards is that? the “100 times download” restriction was stupid enough.

there are still people to this day that download my mirror files of year old betas which i forgot to delete…

/end whining