Newest firmware and uncontrollable wakeups

Did anyone solve the problem of “7-second wakeups” (not always 7-second, but close) when the MyCloud goes to sleep mode only to wake up a few secs later several times per hour?

So annoying, especially at night.

Hi,

did you try this?

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/solution-Monitorio-and-the-7-second-wake-up/td-p/691497

Hi

Did try to switch off a few things as per this piece of info:
http://shortattentionspade.com/tag/speeding-up-wd-mycloud/

Didn’t help.

Yeah, same problem here :frowning:

I disabled everything I could, but the wakeups are still there.

I’m waiting for an official fix

Don’t. We’ve been waiting for it since last year and the problem dates back to its predecessor (previous decade)… They’re UNABLE or UNWILLING to sort it out. Either makes them impo…

What seems to help a bit, but only a bit, is to soft-reset the device and set up from the scratch. It wakes up a bit less frequently. What’s superannoying is the sleepwakeupsleepwakeup succession within literally seconds.

any news regarding these wake-ups?

do they shorten the lifespan significantly?

Hi,

since i disabled TWONKY and use MINIDLNA i have no uncontrollable wakeups anymore.

WD_Heinz wrote:

Hi,

since i disabled TWONKY and use MINIDLNA i have no uncontrollable wakeups anymore.

If any DLNA client pings the MYCLOUD with DLNA server running, your drive will wakeup. 

If you leave any DLNA client in a menu listing your media (i.e. leave your samsung at the Videos section and not exit out), your drive will stay on and/or continue to wake up.

That’s not a bug as the drive is just listening to DLNA requests.  The alternative would be people pissing and moaning about their drive NOT waking up with DLNA client requests.

Hi,

in know, but i wrote “uncontrollable wakeups”. With TWONKY enabled and no active DLNA client the MyCloud had the wakeups. Since i use MINIDLNA the MyCloud goes to sleep (blue LED is blinking slowly) if no DLNA client is active.

With TWONKY enabled and no active DLNA client the MyCloud had the wakeups.

Did you set a rescan interval other than the default value of -1? -1 forces continuous file system scanning for new media, so the drive never sleeps. 0 disables automatic scan. A non-zero value sets the rescan interval in minutes; I use 1440 to make it rescan once a day.