Newbie Q...where are my files

So as the title suggests newbie here. After having transferred 3.7 tb of my entire music library onto the WD Live Duo, i dont really know how to access the files on my PC. Where might they be? Thanks for humouring a WD first timer

i dont really know how to access the files on my PC.

You’d access them the same way you access the MBLD to copy the files there.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

i dont really know how to access the files on my PC.

You’d access them the same way you access the MBLD to copy the files there.

All well and good except the MBLD doesnt appear as a drive option under MY computer or anywhere else. Front light is hard green. Via the webpage the health of the drive is good and it tells me that there is 3.7tb of data on the drive…just…cant…get…to…it. As a Mac person, find this a bit frustrating. What could the issue be

OK so I have access to the drive via SmartWare but the drive only shows the music as a block which is only identified as ‘additional files’ and still unable to be accessed as individual files and folders.

PS what happens if I switch to file back if anything?

What I’m trying to achieve is to backup the music files onto a separate driive(no problem seeing the other drive BTW) in order for me to reformat the MBLD to NTFS as currently HFS+ as a Mac filesystem…so that I can get my Squeezebox Touch to be able to read/stream my music…

Unless of course there is an easier way around my issue. Bear in mind I will be on a Mac for preference

You’re really confused.  :)

I have access to the drive via SmartWare but the drive only shows the music as a block

which is only identified as ‘additional files’ and still unable to be accessed as individual files and folders.

SmartWare is a BACKUP system – it’s not copying over individual files.   Like all backup software, SmartWare backs up BUNDLES.   You cannot access individual files from those bundles via anything except the SmartWare restore function.

in order for me to reformat the MBLD to NTFS as currently HFS+ as a Mac filesystem…

You cannot reformat a NAS to a different file system.   While a NAS does have its own internal file system (which is EXT4 by the way, not HFS+ or NTFS), it’s irrelevent.  Your PC connects to it via the network, so it doesn’t care what the remote file system is.

In summary, no, you don’t want to BACKUP your music files.  You want COPIES of your music files.

So ok, how do i do that on the mbld?? Or accessing the files which was my first question. It’s like doctors with all the knowledge and not wanting to share. Great…point out what i dont know…and dont offer a solution…how helpful is that!

Then never mind.   I have no desire to help someone who doesn’t even know how to ask the right questions … and doesn’t even provide any relevent information up front, and then throws insults back as a reply.

To continue your analogy, that’s like going to a doctor and saying “I might be sick, I might not be.  YOU figure it out.”

You’re on your own as far as I’m concerned…

1 Like

Fine. Keep your freemason attitude. Will seek help elsewhere. What a waste of time.