Newbi.....Is it possible to surf the internet on my WD TV Live HD? if so how?

No.

Thanks Tony, again another dumb question but…what would be the advantage of having the WD HD Live TV hooked up wirelessly? 

Mortayjas wrote:

Thanks Tony, again another dumb question but…what would be the advantage of having the WD HD Live TV hooked up wirelessly? 

Pretty much the fact that you don’t need to have an ethernet wire to it…  That’s the ONLY advantage as far as I’m concerned (and it’s significant to people for whom running a wire is expensive or impractical).  IMHO, there’s far more disadvantages; slower speed, lower reliability, etc.

My best reason is my wife. She hates cables around the house. And I have to admit she’s somehow right. The second best reason is my dog. Even if my wife will love my cables, my dog will love them too :). My third reason is my dauther - she’s not a baby anymore but she can get easely interesed by some cables.

As I don’t have a cable solution in my house, the only option is wireless.

There is a big drawback - speed. Even with 802.11n without a very clear radio environment, you cannot beat a 100mbps cable. In this case - no 1080p from shares, not even 720p with 802.11g. Only music, SD videos, pictures (but not too fast). And a neighbour can start a wireless device and screw your network with interferences. And you have to reconfigure radio channel again :frowning:

Nah – just run them through the walls.

Your wife doesn’t hate cables running through the house – or you wouldn’t have electricty.  And putting them where they belong, like all the other cables in your house, is a piece of cake (even if you pay someone to do it you’ll be way ahead of spending the money on adapters.

I had wireless and it wasn’t working right to I went ahead and wired all three of my Live units.  My grandkids and my cats have no idea there are there.  Now I’m an OLD man, and if I can do it in a morning’s work, you young types ought to be able to do it easily (it’s actually pretty fun :>).  The only wire now comes out of the wall right next to my units, just as it should.

You obviously do not have concrete walls :smiley:

Cocovanna

Cocovanna wrote:

You obviously do not have concrete walls :smiley:

Cocovanna

Nothing a masonry bit on a hammer drill won’t cure… :wink:

Right – and you DO have electricity, don’t you CC?  How do you think it gets through the walls?