New Users cannot log on....?

I have three users that work fine in my World book NAS.  However, any new users I create cannot log into the system.  I have check everything several time and cannot get any new user account to work…

Any Ideas???

Hi there, what if you disconnect the MBW for a few hours to allow it to refresh? Sometimes it will not pick the configuration until it’s been powered down.

Thanks for the tip, however, I have tried that several time and it still will NOT let any new user log into the NAS.  I can only use the three users that I setup originally.  I have tried nearly every combination of user and floder share permissions with no luck…

Does any one have any ideas?

I submitted a questions to WD tech support about two weeks ago and never got a responce.  Do they ever reply to there “Ask a Question” page?

Well,

I solved my problem. I had to backup the NAS shares and do a factory reset. This cleared up the problems the NAS was having with adding new users. I did call tech support and a tech tried for about an hour to fix the issue, but he was not successful and finally had to give up. I was quite disappointed that no one at WD could help me with this issue. The user setting in the NAS were obviously corrupted and only a complete wipe would solve the issue.

As a result, I bought another NAS from another company. It is of much better quality and significantly more $$$ than the WD NAS… I will use the WD to backup the new NAS, but that is all…

It just goes to show that you get what you pay for… You can take my advise or leave it, but I would HIGHLY recommend another company for your network storage needs… The WD products and service are not of high quality IMHO…

sranger45 wrote:
Well,

I solved my problem. I had to backup the NAS shares and do a factory reset. This cleared up the problems the NAS was having with adding new users. I did call tech support and a tech tried for about an hour to fix the issue, but he was not successful and finally had to give up. I was quite disappointed that no one at WD could help me with this issue. The user setting in the NAS were obviously corrupted and only a complete wipe would solve the issue.

As a result, I bought another NAS from another company. It is of much better quality and significantly more $$$ than the WD NAS… I will use the WD to backup the new NAS, but that is all…

It just goes to show that you get what you pay for… You can take my advise or leave it, but I would HIGHLY recommend another company for your network storage needs… The WD products and service are not of high quality IMHO…

I disagree entirely - WD has some of the best support I’ve ever worked with and their products are fantastic. Over the years i’ve had hundreds of WD drives and have only good things to say about them. It **bleep** you had a bad experience with their support, but remeber support agents are people too- sometimes they miss things. It helps (with any companies support) to try calling a few times if someone can’t solve your issue, as another agent may think of something the first did not.