New User - Tips please

What tips and tricks would you recommend for a new user.

Do’s and Dont’s when it comes to:

Upgrading firmware?

Network setup?

All appreciated

My suggestions is to look at the products full features in the user manuel, then choose the set up that would be best for you. here is the link

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705046.pdf

Thanks for that but I already had it, I was looking for tips and advice from experienced users. 

DO’s regarding FW

* Firmware update must be done only if you know for sure it will fix issues that you have experienced before, Read the fix list or readme associated with a firmware release before jumping into a new firmware

* Always reset the settings to default before and after FW update, Check your settings again once FW update is complete and tweak the user settings to best match to the hardware you have connected your WD TV LIVE HUB

DON’T’s regarding FW

* This list can be very lengthy but the short version would be Don’t Upgrade FW unless you absolutely need it

* DO not power off the unit during FW update

* DO not interrupt the Internet Connection during FW update

* DO not remove USB devices during FW update

* Do not attempt to flash FW with unsupported USB devices and HUBS

DO’s regarding Network

Always use supported network Wi-Fi USB devices for best compatibility

Always try to use the ETHERNET RJ45 interface as that has best speed versus Wi-Fi

Other inputs regarding Network and overall operation in general:

If you have two WDTV LIVE HUB devices on the network, do not name them with “_” in their host name, the underscore character is not a valid hostname.

Only one network can be active at one point in time, If you have both Wi-Fi and ETHERNET plugged, Only one

Network can be active using either Static or DHCP network.

Turn off un necessary services if you do not wish to use them, this frees up resources and make the HUB much more responsive

Use Media Library option ONLY if you feel you need it, Without Media Library the speed of the WDTV LIVE hub is at least 10 times faster especially menu navigation.

Satisfied?

Best wishes

@Vistawall, you stated;

'Turn off un necessary services if you do not wish to use them, this frees up resources and make the HUB much more responsive

Use Media Library option ONLY if you feel you need it, Without Media Library the speed of the WDTV LIVE hub is at least 10 times faster especially menu navigation.’

A) where is this option located at to ‘turn off’ services?

1. Again, please help me understand what ‘Media Library’ option is and how to turn it off.

Please and thank you seven times over.