New Release - WD TV Live Streaming Media Player Firmware Version 2.01.86 (12/10/13)

yeah, I’m confident my set up will continue working

but then my set up, aside from the WD accessing a router, and then server, is probably not exactly normal

4GB Link between sever and switch

2GB switch to router

2GB from switch to desktop

Wow, teorical 200MB/s from desktop to server :slight_smile:

yep, and theoretically the server can handle 2 of those connection simultaniously 4GB Link

Sometimes too much power just not enough :wink:

OK, After reading the last couple of pages, I decided to try a wired connection to see if that would work (Actually, It’s not completely wired, I’m using an Airport Express in bridge mode, but the WD TV shouldn’t be able to tell the difference)  After I got on the network, I was able to detect my Windows share, but upon reboot, I still got the error message that said it could not find the last source again.  However, this time I was able to find the share again after a search.  It even worked again after a 2nd reboot.  Looks like I’m getting closer.  

Perhaps the people that associated the issue to wifi are on to something.  Hopefully this will give the WD TV Tech team something to go on for troubleshooting this issue.  

Edit: It looks like I can combine my half-solution from page 11 with this half solution and get something that’s pretty darn close to a full solution.  If I set my source up to be “My Media Library” instead of the share directly, then I no longer get the error message after a reboot.  It still tells me that there is no media in the folder the first time I try to go into it though, but backing out and going in a few seconds later shows me the shares just as they should be.  I’d call that 99% solved though.  

Many fixes, thanx, but…

I have lost the windows network share completely…:cry:

Could you try wired ethernet cable instead of wifi, only to see if that has anything to do with the problem?

well I tried to reset it from the front several times and never got the orange icon, I plugged it into the back and **bleep** if the icon did not appear, and it rolled it back but I still can’t get window share to work.  Now has anyone noticed that you may possibily have two sets of drivers for the WDTVlive.  I noticed that in my Window 7 updates that Microsoft loaded a “new” driver for the WDTV, when I go into Control Panel Divices and Printers I now have two sets of drivers for the WDTVlive.

mine is hard wired solid with cat6 going through gigabyte switches, does not even go throught the router and I can see my WDTV box on the Lan using several methods such as Control Panel - Network and Sharing - full map or Lanviewer software.  It is there, I can ping it and get good returns, if i use the Media Shares the box will see my computers,  It is just the network shares windows shares that will not work.

well I tried to reset it from the front several times and never got the orange icon, I plugged it into the back and **bleep** if the icon did not appear, and it rolled it back but I still can’t get window share to work.  Now has anyone noticed that you may possibily have two sets of drivers for the WDTVlive.  I noticed that in my Window 7 updates that Microsoft loaded a “new” driver for the WDTV, when I go into Control Panel Divices and Printers I now have two sets of drivers for the WDTVlive.

So wifi is not the problem.

If you went back to the previous FW and you still can’t find your shares, you could try to turn off every network machine, including the router and see if it works.

Mr-Wolf wrote:

So wifi is not the problem.

For me, wifi was definitely (part of) the problem.  Going to wired appears to have completely resolved my issues.  This morning, I didn’t even receive the error message about losing the last known source.  Sorry to hear that moving from wifi isn’t a universal fix for everyone.  

Wholly smoke: Supports DTS-HD Master Audio pass-through. I did not see this coming. Big Thanks! This player ROCKS finally. Running Wired (as usual) - seems to be working fine on full HD + DTS-MA. No need to reencode DTS-MA to THD. This alone makes it the most valuable player on the market, at least in our galaxy.

I have rolled back to the previous firmware but as I stated in previous posts I still had no windows share.

I now have network share and windows share working again, this is what I did,

Control Panel> Devices and Printers> right click on the WDTVLive icon> select Properties> select Hardware> click on Properties again> select Driver> click on disable and follow the prompts.  Reboot the computer and the WDTV box and network share - Window share works perfectly.

thedog wrote:

I have rolled back to the previous firmware but as I stated in previous posts I still had no windows share.

I now have network share and windows share working again, this is what I did,

Control Panel> Devices and Printers> right click on the WDTVLive icon> select Properties> select Hardware> click on Properties again> select Driver> click on disable and follow the prompts.  Reboot the computer and the WDTV box and network share - Window share works perfectly.

I wonder what hardware is disabled? Had you tried rebooting the computer before this to see if that worked?

I tryed rebooting averything many times to no avail.

What operating system are you running.

Little advise: If possible to firmwarw upgrades over ethernet not over wifi. And be patient. Firmware is 900MB? 

So I don’t see any mention of a fix for iPlayer stopping before the end of a program.
No new additional UK streaming channels like ITV player, 4OD or Demand5.
Get the distinct impression that WD have lost interest in UK support.
Reading all the grief people seem to be having I see no reason to update.
Disappointed!
slip

I agree. All this wait and still no Catchup services for ITV Player, 4OD. or Demand5 included

I am so disappointed

The rest of the Upgrade has not given me any of the other problems reported as far as I can see so far, but without proper streaming of the main UK TV channels, all I am generally using the WD TV Live for, is for Spotify playing through the Audio out to my hifi.

studistudi wrote:

Little advise: If possible to firmwarw upgrades over ethernet not over wifi. And be patient. Firmware is 900MB? 

Heck no. Firmware is 166 MB.