New Release - WD TV Live Plus Firmware Version 1.06.42 (1/17/13)

They aren’t DTS. They are 2 channel Stereo, movies I recorded with my Hauppauge PVR.

I downgraded to 1.04 FW and now they play fine.   I don’t know if the settings in 1.06 would be different, I didn’t check them.  I could try installing it again and see.  I would like to keep the current FW just so I don’t get that nag screen of FW Update available.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, forget my reply.   I lost track of what forum I was in – thought you had the WD TV Play.

I just updated the WD over the internet.  It downloaded FW 1.06.42_B and installed it.  Everything seems to be working now.  I checked and I had 1.06.16_B installed previously.  I didn’t notice that the thread had a different version of 1.06.  Plus, I wonder why I wasn’t getting a message that there was a FW update when I turned it on.

But hopefully, this solves my problems.

Good luck with it…as you can see from this thread it might fix one problem and give you three more.

What I’m suggesting is that WD test the version instead of the ussers. I think that’s the way everything works. Suppose your phone upgrades to a newer firmware but stops working you’ll call apple, motorolla, samsung and would complain in a harsh way. Well my thougt is that WD does the testing before releasing a new version.